We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Active Retirement Communities -- Mount Dora

Which Mount Dora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cambriah
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Active Retirement Communities -- Mount Dora

My wife and I are considering relocating to a retirement community in Florida. One area we have been looking at is Mount Dora. Any thoughts pro/con about this area? I would be interested in cultural activities, quality of life, health care facilities, crime rate, etc. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We are currently living in the Northeast. Summer weather terrible, or really not so bad?

Thank You!

Eustis, Florida
Level Contributor
28 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Active Retirement Communities -- Mount Dora

Most of our friends who can, still travel north during June, July and August. The rest of us just stay indoors as much as possible during the summer.

The Ice House Theater is located in Mount Dora.

The town is really charming - we live in Eustis right next door. I have noticed that some storefronts are empty (but with today's economy, I suppose that is happening everywhere).

Waterman Hospital is approx. 5-7 miles from downtown Mt. Dora.

The crime rate is relatively low.

For your information - have you looked at The Villages just north of us. www.thevillages.com

Hopefully you can find something in this post helpful!

Good luck!

2. Re: Active Retirement Communities -- Mount Dora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mount Dora