We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocating?

Which Mount Dora hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orwell, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
relocating?

My husband and i are interested in moving to mount dora. Is it all older people, or would a 30 something couple with no kids like it too?

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: relocating?

If you don't mind it being so far from either coast, go for it. I don't think there is much of a nightlife scene though. There are some fairly large lakes nearby, inc. Lake Harris.

Any particular reason you chose there and not somewhere nearer to Orlando like Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Winter Garden or even Lake Mary? Lake Mary seems to be an up and coming place for residences.

mount dora
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: relocating?

Downtown Mount Dora is a fun place on weekends.... several good new restaurants like Mount Dora Sushi and Fiesta Grande... there is live music all over town on the weekends but due to a noise ordinance, many places have to stop the music at 10 PM... there is also a cute wine/beer place downtown called The Cellar at Maggie's Attic and many people your age go there regularly -- sort of like the "Cheers" of Mount Dora... Mt Dora is also 40 minutes from Daytona or New Smyrna Beach and about the same to Orlando.... so you can easily get in to Orlando to see a play at the Bob Carr or shop at the Mall At Millenia or visit the theme parks but return to a quieter, safer small town with all the advantages of a small town -- you easily make friends here and the sunset over the lake is beautiful. If you like boating, it is a great place. You might also want to check out nearby Tavares which is building a condo/townhouse with boatslip complex on the lake called Tavares Station which will have shops, restaurants and everything right there. They just built larger docks and will run water taxis to and from Mt Dora.

Altamonte Springs...
Level Contributor
13 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: relocating?

www.city-data.com can provide you with lots of relocation information like demographics.

florida
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: relocating?

I moved to florida from Michigan, Its a beautiful here. Mount Dora is a wonderful area, there are many things to do, Downtown Mt. Dora has alot of diffrent shops, antiques, and great restaurants. But within 2 miles or less you have diffrent bars,pool halls, and places to dance. It is alot of fun there lakes everywhere but i am from michigan and i dont swim with gators lol. If you like fishing of just going on the boat, there is the chain of lakes that you can go thru diffrent lakes.

If you have any questions about relocating let me know. learncomputerbasics@yahoo.com

5. Re: relocating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, December 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mount Dora