We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 day in Miami.. August

Reading
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
5 day in Miami.. August

My Family and I are (wife and 2 girls 18, 16) are planning 3 nights in New York then 5 or 6 days in Miami during August this year. It is a special holiday and already have NY sorted. Looking at Miami, we are looking at South Beach and looking for a good hotel hotels something like the Modrian. Questions I have are. Is it best to go for a hotel on the beach or something a bit more inland eg. Four Seasons? Or does anyone have a better choice of hotel/ location with good pool and near the beach?

Thanks

Chicago
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 day in Miami.. August

My husband and I frequent Miami quite a bit and Four Seasons is our choice. It's away from the riff raff of S. Beach and located in Brickell. It's a classy hotel sorrounded by many restaurants and a few bars. It's a quick drive to S. Beach but much cleaner, nicer and not as touristy. We've also stayed at the Epic and did not like it, the service at Four Seasons is amazing and not too many hotels measure up.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 day in Miami.. August

The two areas are quite different, so it depends on whether you're looking for a quiet hotel with great service but a lot fewer places you can walk to, or a more busy place on the beach with a lot more walkability. If you're not sure, and this is your first visit, I recommend the latter, i.e. south beach. There are several acceptable hotels that back up to the beach and have nice pools. If you can list a few that are within your budget we can help you decide. On the other hand, if you prefer a great hotel in a quieter location then something in Brickell is certainly like that, and Four Seasons is first-rate. (but several miles to the beach).

You can also consider hotels in mid-beach, Sunny Isles, Key Biscayne, for a more family-friendly on-the-beach experience.

Reading
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 day in Miami.. August

Thanks for the advice. We do like the Four Seasons generally and are actually stating there in New York. However, as I haven't yet decided if I should hire a car I thought it would be good to be on the beach, but I suspect we may actually spend the mornings by the pool and then the afternoon down on the beach front.

From what is suggested it sounds like I might be better being mid beach as we could get a cab along the beach to the livelier area but also stay in a more relaxing area. I have looked at Acqualina which looks good and it says a short drive to South Beach. How long would that be, and are their plenty of cabs available running up and down the front?

Again, thanks.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 day in Miami.. August

From the Acqualina in Sunny Isles, which is a great property, you are looking at about 30min drive in each direction...might be a bit more or less depending on time of day and how heavy the traffic is.

5. Re: 5 day in Miami.. August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, March 15, 2015