We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

USA
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

We will be in Miami Beach in April with 2 teen boys and looks like so many great restaurants. If you had to narrow it down to 5 restaurants we shouldn't miss, what would they be? We like fun interesting places. Don't want to break the bank every night but if it is special, we are up for it! Thanks in advance for any tips!!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

Not sure what your budget is, so I will give you both affordable and more expensive options

Joe's Stone Crab- great for dinner or lunch

The News Cafe- great for breakfast nothing fancy

the Meat Market- more upscale, higher price, good for dinner

Sugarcane- great ambience- more upscale, higher price, good for dinner

the Rusty Pelican- must go for the view!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

travel>

It would help focus the answer if you can say where you are staying and if you have a car.

Do the boys have a preference about food? Is price an issue? Do you like small mom & pop spots or larger eateries?

(some kids eat everything, some might like sushi or perhaps only burgers...)

http://www.miamirestaurants.info

I update a South Beach guide here - www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,505 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

+1 for Meat Market--no need to order the expensive Kobe cuts (though I am tempted to try one of these next visits)...their skirt steak is nothing short of phenomenal (you can even get an 8 oz. half order, which is filling) and be sure to complement it with their amazing Yukon Gold White Truffle mash potatoes--unbelievably delicious.

I would add Yardbird to the list for good 'ole southern cuisine.

Edited: 12:53 pm, February 26, 2014
USA
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

We are staying at the Four Points by Sheraton but will have a car. Boys are willing to try different types of foods. Looking for some mid-range dinners but will splurge a couple of nights if it is worth the money. If there are budget friendly places, would love to hear them too. In other words, price range not really an issue.

Thanks for the recommendations thus far...I will check them out!

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
165 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

to AG,

saw your very detail map of rest. of SOBE - is there any large price difference between the west side vs ocean side in terms of restaurants that you have listed -

any personal recommendations for places near the Dorchester hotel ,1850 Collins? for breakfast that is reasonable price ? I'm figuring finding places for lunch and dinner later and can travel to those locations...or even a nearby Publix ? where we can pick up yogart and snacks / fruit?

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

R>

There is little difference in price based upon location. I add restaurants that I like that are not necessarily "hyped" touristy spots (often found on Ocean Drive) and most are not expensive. The way I break down the map is by cuisine, location etc. Near the Dorchester, find Front Porch Cafe where the breakfasts are great.

A recent visitor mentioned Ocean Deli and Market at 1941 20th Street - near your hotel. His info is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34439-i35-k719483…

AG

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,618 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

The Provence bakery at the corner of Collins and Lincoln is a great breakfast or lunch spot.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

Here's my top 6 restaurants with a little variety

1) Khong River House -make a reservation. Excellent Asian Fusion

2) Fratelli La Bufala - sit outside where it's always interesting. Great Pizza!

3) Tropical Beach Cafe- breakfast. Walk the boardwalk from your hotel to 30th st. And take a left onto Collins ave. Cheap food. Order a Cafe con leche = best on the beach

4) Joe's Takeaway = less fancier than Joe's Stone Crab but next door. You order, they call your number and you sit wherever. Great fish sandwiches and Stone Crab.

5) Beer and Burger Joint - Best burgers on the beach. Located in Sunset Harbour. Go watch the sunset before dinner. Great newer area of south beach with Ice Box Cafe (best desserts), Panther Coffee, and South Beach Kayak (highly recommended. There's a parking garage on bay rd.

6) Cafe Charlotte - probably my most frequented restaurant. Excellent value

I have not yet been to News Cafe, but all I hear is great things for breakfast. Perfect location.

Ocean Drive is really hit or miss, so check out the reviews.

Staying at Sheraton, you are right next to Fontainbleu, take the teens there to swim and enjoy a cocktail at the bar.

Enjoy your stay

David

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,804 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

Travel>

A quick tip adding on to David's good advice - on Tuesdays at Burger & Beer Joint you can ask the server for their special "Pimp My Burger" menu which includes a paper checklist & a pencil. Each person can customize a burger in ANY way for just $10 (choose the mean, the bun, the sauce, the cheese, the toppings, the bacon .. whatever) and you can even add fries or (delicious) onion rings for a few dollars more.

Great deal, Tuesdays only.

AG

USA
Level Contributor
217 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name your 5 "not to be missed" restaurants in Miami Beach

Thanks so much for the great recommendations!! Will definitely check them out!