We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Hartford, Ct
Level Contributor
25 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I am taking a mid week trip in early January with my 18 year old daughter for a little getaway. I know nothing about Miami and have never been there. Feeling confused and overwhelmed about where to stay. Flights from CT are incredibly reasonable (the reason for the trip). Don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel but don't want to end up in a flea bag place either. Want to be close to things so I don't need to rent a car but not surrounded by loud partiers either. Suggestions for areas to stay away from would be great as well as specific hotels or areas that might fit the bill.

Thank you!

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

For a first-time visit, I recommend south beach unless you have some specific reason to stay elsewhere. It has most of what you need as far as beach, shops, restaurants, parks, architecture, walkability, people etc. It has many bars and clubs, for which your daughter will be too young, but you can have plenty to do without those. To stay in the somewhat quieter section of south beach, avoid the section between 5 and 12 Streets. South of 5 Street and between 12 and 23 Streets should be fine.

The main downside to south beach is the somewhat inflated hotel rates. What sort of lodging budget did you have (per night)?

2. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, November 03, 2014