We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel away the beach ? Restaurants taxes and service ?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Porto
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel away the beach ? Restaurants taxes and service ?

I love Miami and this month I'll go another time .

I dont know , if I go for a good hotel ( near airport ,etc . ) with a good price , or , a hotel near the beach ( MiamiBeach ), where the prices , for value/money , is very very expensive .

The only thing that disturbs me in Miami is : I paid always different on several restaurants , I never know , what is the taxes and service to pay !!!

Thank you very much for your precious advice .

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel away the beach ? Restaurants taxes and service ?

Some restaurants will automatically add an 18% tip without asking you, so check the bill carefully. It may be labeled as "gratuity" or "service charge". Some will not, so in that case do leave a tip for the waiter.

As for where to stay, obviously south beach is a lot more fun and convenient than staying near the airport. It all comes down to which places are within your budget. Check reviews, compare prices, look for deals or private condo rentals. If you let us know your approx. lodging budget and which month you're coming maybe someone can advise.

Porto
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel away the beach ? Restaurants taxes and service ?

RK , thank you so much , you are very helpful . The last time , I stayed in south beach .

I go at the end this month . Good hotel at south beach is very expensive , away the beach the good hotel , price is very interesting ( intercontinental doral , sofitel , etc ). It is worth go there , the public transport for south beach it's good ?

Thank you very much .

3. Re: Hotel away the beach ? Restaurants taxes and service ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach