We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport Downtown Miami by Port to Ft Lauderdale airport

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
Transport Downtown Miami by Port to Ft Lauderdale airport

Hi everyone! I'm going on my first cruise out of Miami, but my airfare is much better into Ft. Lauderdale. Consequently, I'm flying into FLL the day before, staying in a hotel in Miami for the night, and then going to the Port of Miami in August 2013.

I found cheap transportation I can get from FLL to a Miami hotel with a shuttle for 2 people for $45 total. However the return to the airport is what i need help with.

-Our return flight is in the evening so we need a ride from around the port of miami or biscayne blvd to FLL. That above shuttle I found is not available after 1pm. So is a 2nd shuttle co.

A 3rd shuttle company looks to cost $84 for 2 people from Biscayne Blvd to FLL airport per online quote. That is more than we wish to pay and it didn't specify time- but the company appears to run 24 hrs. (?) Not sure if there is a catch.

-Any recommendations for late afternoon/early evening pick-up time from downtown Miami to FLL airport?

-Any other cheaper shuttles or other cheap transportation ideas?

As for transportation, we would be open to public transportation... I don't know the route of the Metromovers ... and I found this from an old thread which is similar from 2011:

miamidade.gov/transit/library/airport_flyer_…

Also, any hotels in Miami have a shuttle that goes all the way to FLL airport and/or from the -more importantly - miami to the FLL airport? It seems most go more to the Miami airport, not Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Any idea on taxi cost?

Do most Miami hotels offer a free shuttle to the cruise port? Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale
Broward County, FL
Ft. Lauderdale Intl Airport
Ft. Lauderdale Intl...
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Port of Miami
Port of Miami
432 Reviews
Miami, FL
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport Downtown Miami by Port to Ft Lauderdale airport

Hi there and welcome to Tripadvisor and the forums!

Please post again in a destination forum. This Support Forum is just to ask for general assistance in using the website. Travel related questions need to be asked in a destination forum where other members familiar with the area may be able to assist you.

To find a forum, type the name of the town/city/country in the search box on the top right of the screen followed by the word forums, e.g., Miami forum.

There are many theme forums you may want to take a look at for future use. To find those, go to www.tripadvisor.com/forumhome or from this forum or TA's home page, click on More, then on Travel Forums.

Silvia

Mentioned in this post
2. Re: Transport Downtown Miami by Port to Ft Lauderdale airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 12, 2014