We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sofi??

London
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Sofi??

Stayin there in 2 weeks time, just wondering what it's like there. Wondering on things like how fars the walk to the beach? Walkin time to Lummus?? Is it far from the clubs?? Staying on 1st n Alton Road, read that is quite residential and that's about all I know.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,487 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sofi??

It's a pretty good location. Alton Rd and 1 Street is on the Bay side, but several things are within an easy walk: the beach - about 10 min walk, South Pointe Park - 5 mins, several retaurants - 5 to 10 min walk, Lummus Park - about 15 mins.. For most of the clubs, shops, Lincoln Rd Mall, you can use the 25c local bus that circles south beach along Alton and Washington. It's more residential than the touristy sections of south beach, but far from boring. I like the beach in that section better than farther north.

Link to local bus route map: …miami-dade.fl.us/transit/…123.pdf

Mentioned in this post
South Pointe Park
South Pointe Park
2,360 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Lummus Park Beach
Lummus Park Beach
1,425 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sofi??

M>

Great area near the marina! Check out Monty's, Texas de Brazil steakhouse, The Flat and Piaggia Beach Club...

My guide includes fun West Side spots in PURPLE

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Mentioned in this post
Texas de Brazil
Texas de Brazil
981 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sofi??

You are correct - you are in a residential area, but the advice above is sound if you are a brisk walker. I would add a min or 10 to getting into the busiest areas, but you will enjoy exploring the area. However as AG says there are some nice places close to you - just be a tad careful later on at night or very early in the am would be my advice.

London
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sofi??

Thanks!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sofi??

I lived in SoFi for two years and wish I still did. By far the best area of South Beach.

Great bars: Abraxas, Montys, Teds, Nikki Beach happy hour, The Room, Radio...

Great restaurants: Big Pink, Prime, Smith and Wollenskys, Texas, the new Italian on Collins...

Great clubs: Story, Nikki Beach

Beautiful park, gorgeous beach, surf shops, ice cream shops, starbucks... you will love it!

Jess

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,241 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Nikki Beach
Nikki Beach
858 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Texas
Texas
United States
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,035 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
London
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sofi??

Thanks Jess!! Looks like a good place, I saw Story was quite close, and looks like they got a new hiphop night on Thursdays so thats right up my street!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sofi??

Great! Story is the newest club in Miami Beach, and is a huge place, state of the art sound and lighting etc... Stop by Big Pink afterwards for an end of night burger and fries :)

Mentioned in this post
Big Pink
Big Pink
2,259 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
8. Re: Sofi??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 08, 2014