We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pier fishing in Miami Beach or nearby?

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Pier fishing in Miami Beach or nearby?

We will be in Sobe for 10 days in June, and while I know there's plenty of off shore fishing opportunities, I like to pier fish because I get awfully seasick. Can anyone recommend a pier to fish from? I am willing to go as far north as Hollywood, but would prefer to stay in Miami. Also, do not have own equipment, so would need to rent. This is just an idea I had to have some fun with my teenage son.

Thanks!

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pier fishing in Miami Beach or nearby?

Hi Again Race Fan>

Some of the best surf casting in the city can be had at Haulover Beach Park at Collins Avenue and 105th Street, where there's a bait-and-tackle shop right on the pier. (305) 947-3525

A little further north at 163rd Street, there is the Newport Fishing Pier: 16701 Collins Ave., North Miami Beach, 305/949-1300. B&T, some shade, guarded beach.

Due west on 163rd Street a few miles inland is Oleta River State Recreation area. You can spend a day here with your son fishing, biking or kayaking on the inland waterways. Check out the pier and further info here:

floridastateparks.org/oletariver/default.cfm

And here:

miamidade.gov/filmiami/…beach-Oleta9420FE.asp

For Information about Oleta River State Park, please call 305-919-1846

South Pointe Park, at the southern tip of Miami Beach, is another popular fishing spot and features a long pier, comfortable benches, and a great view of the ships passing through Government Cut.

I strongly suggest calling these piers before your visit to check on hours, fees, parking, special rules, current conditions, etc.

Have a Great TIme!

AG

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pier fishing in Miami Beach or nearby?

Thanks AG! You always have the best information!

3. Re: Pier fishing in Miami Beach or nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach