We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savoy Hotel at Christmas

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Savoy Hotel at Christmas

Is the Savoy a good choice for Christmas?The price is $425 per night for oceanview. Is this good or are there other hotels that are better for this price? There are 2 adults and a teenager and this hotel has rooms that seem larger than most. We want on the beach and walking distance to all the action.

Thanks for your help

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Savoy Hotel at Christmas

The location for the beach is perfect, with direct access from the pool straight onto the sand. The Savoy sits at the quiet end of Ocean Drive, so it is a walk or cab ride to Lincoln Road but the South of 5th area is actually my favorite on the beach. I stayed at this hotel many years ago and enjoyed my stay and the location very much.

Jess

Mentioned in this post
Ocean Drive
Ocean Drive
10,318 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Lincoln Road
Lincoln Road
15,343 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Calgary
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savoy Hotel at Christmas

wjs....please read my review and other comments.

I stayed at the Savoy a couple weeks, and was NOT happy. And I paid 1/2 what you're paying. I'd recommend something closer to Lincoln Road, that's where we ended up doing much of our eating/shopping, so it was a LONG walk from the Savoy ( or deal with crooked taxi drives! )

If I did it over again, I would've chosen The Betsy.

Mentioned in this post
Lincoln Road
Lincoln Road
15,343 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
The Betsy - South Beach
The Betsy - South Beach
2,888 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
3. Re: Savoy Hotel at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 30, 2013