We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

W South Beach

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
W South Beach

My husband was able to secure a very favorable rate for the W South Beach in June using his corporate discount. However, it's on a low floor (around 4th). Every review I've read online mentions to not even think about staying at the W unless you are on at least the 10th-14th floor b/c of the noise all day and night at pool/pool bar. We are a fun-loving 40 year old couple that loves to go out and have fun. But, we also love a nap at 4pm and bedtime at 2am!

Boston...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: W South Beach

We had the same deal last year (corporate discount) and stayed on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday night in late March, early April for my wife's 40th birthday. We were on the 4th floor with a nice view facing North (very last room before the ocean front rooms at the end). This put us right above all the various bars and nighlife (Living Room, Grove, and Wet). The only night that we heard noise was late Friday night. But it didn't bother us much because we are pretty sound sleepers. In fact, we wanted to go back again this year but the corporate rate was not available the week we wanted to go so we stayed someplace else. Although in our early 40's, our schedule was a bit different than yours, bedtime is well before 2am! If you are a sound sleeper it is probably not much of an issue. However, if you are a lighter sleeper you may want to consider the reviews you have read. Higher floors and/or a room facing South might be a bit better.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: W South Beach

Go for it.. and asked to me moved if it comes down to it. The outrageous price of this hotel is why I don't often stay there!! If you have a discount, it might be nice to experience this property.. is one of the best down there.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: W South Beach

Thanks everyone. The rate is too good to pass up (a little over $200/night for a Friday - Tuesday night trip). It's to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, so we'll be going out a lot. And, after 20 years of non-stop business travel at Starwood and Marriott properties throughout the country, he has developed a knack for complaining and being moved/comped if something is not acceptable. I'm going to hope for the best! (and bring ear plugs!!!)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: W South Beach

Great! Have fun~!

Miami
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: W South Beach

You got an amazing deal. Monthly studio rentals starts from $10K per month.

Check this out to see how amazing rates you are getting

http://miamirealestateinc.com/W-South-Beach

6. Re: W South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 14, 2013