We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to Do from SoBe

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harford, CT
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to Do from SoBe

I'm a 29 yo guy who will be in SoBe for a conference at the beginning of April. My friend bailed on me so I'll be solo. Wondering what there is to do in the afternoon (Wed-Sun) and where to meet chill people. As for night, done with the house/club scene. Just looking for hip lounges and friendly people. Staying at the Delano.

Thanks for any input. -anthony

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,658 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to Do from SoBe

Hey Grundel>

Afternoon to sundown, try the Clevelander pool bar at 10/Ocean. Outdoors, low key, normal people... breezy and pleasant.

If you're more wine than beer (or want to meet folks who are) Vino Miami Wine Bar and Boutique 1601 Washington Ave "Sophisticated South Beach Happy Hour" goes from 4pm to 7pm, Tue-Fri, and offers $5 glasses of boutique reds and whites.

Hip lounges? Buck15 on the second floor above Miss Yip's on Lincoln Lane (http://www.buck15.com/) but that's for late nght.

Around the corner from your hotel - check out Parilla Liberty, 1925 Liberty Ave, Miami Beach, FL, (305) 695-0099

It's a South American sports bar & grill (this means soccer and grilled meats)... super casual.

Have a drink in the lobby at the Setai - it's lovely and so is the crowd.

Other than that? Lincoln Mall is just a few blocks south & west of your hotel. Walk over there ANYTIME as it's chill people 24/7. Sidwalk Cafes and lounges and Zeke's Roadhouse for $3 international beers and hotdogs (casual nice people...)

The mall has plenty of places to eat - pizza and pasta and grungy or fancy. Sit outside if the weather is pleasant and you'll feel like part of the crowd. Great people watching all the time.

Will you have a car? I can add more places not within walking distance too...

AG

HERE is a P.S.

CMG posted this club info this week too!

<<Here are some of our favorite spots mostly popular with locals and known for a great lounge vibe. Note: you can walk into all of these places, no doormen:

Hotel Victor (rooftop bar; very swanky, very of the moment) hotelvictorsouthbeach.com

The Setai (poolside bar; ditto) setai.com

The Rose Bar @ The Delano (you have to go just to check out the “scene” and gorgeous poolside area) delano-hotel.com

If you want to go all out...

These places are a little more difficult to get into,Show up on the early side (11ish) and you should be good.

Sky Bar is the Thursday night IT party. Also pretty fun on Saturdays. It can be difficult to get in, but if you show up around 10:30 or 11, you should be fine. Sky Bar is a wide open outdoor space (lounge, not a club) with many bars scattered about; the crowd is eclectic, all types of people, wide range of ages. It's really a very fun and diverse crowd; one of the best parties on the beach. www.shoreclub.com/shore_club_skybar.asp

Rokbar

Great, small old school rock bar (get it?). Very fun. www.rokbarmiami.com

Snatch/Suite

Probably the hardest place to get into right now, but Suite (the VIP lounge) is worth it in my opinion. www.snatchmiami.com

For a more laid back option check out Vino Miami Wine Bar (strictly wine). Sophisticated, but not stuffy; hip, but not trendy. A direct quote from their most recent email this week: “While we love the Winter Music Conference we know it will be packed this weekend with literally crowds of thousands of light stick toting club kids. VINO Miami with Albert Gomez this Sunday March 26th present a Champagne and Champagne Cocktail Event The Best Part - no door crowds and no door men - some awesome music, & everybody is a VIP.” Sounds good to me! www.vinomiami.com

Finally, The Raleigh Sunday Pool Party is practically church on South Beach. That’s your best bet to see and be seen. I’ve also heard good things about the Ritz Sunday Party, but haven’t been myself.>>

Hope this helps! Sorry your friend bailed - make some new ones!!

AG