We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Miami Beach

Germany
Level Contributor
139 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay Miami Beach

We will stay 2 Nights in Miami Beach. Now i have seen, that Miami Beach again breaks down into various parts (South Beach, North Beach, South Beach Central, South Beach Collins....)

Where is it good to stay? We want a quiet Area with nice Beach, we must not have a big Nightlife.

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay Miami Beach

Hello Chef b??r from Germany,

I am assuming you are not going to have a car which is perfect as you don't need a rental car if you stay some place where you can walk to lots of restaurants, shops, etc. Even if you are not into "big nightlife", I always suggest somewhere in South Beach so you can walk to everywhere (or take a quick and inexpensive taxi cab or the 25 cent bus).

For a more quiet area, check out the hotels south of 5th Street or north of say 12th Street. We are not into much nightlife after a late dinner but very much enjoy being in walking distance of Lincoln Road Mall (between 16th and 17th Street).

If you plan on staying close to your hotel for most of your visit, than most any hotel along Collins in Miami Beach will work for you. The hotels on Collins with an odd address number will be directly on the beach.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

SBF

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,863 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay Miami Beach

To clarify the otherwise good advice above a bit, only the odd-numbered hotels on Collins above 15'th Street (i.e. address greater than 1500) are on the beach. Below 15'th Street they are a block from the beach.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay Miami Beach

I second everything that has been said above. It's only in South Beach proper that you will feel you're in a real place and be surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment other than what's on offer in your hotel. You certainly don't need to be into nightlife to enjoy South Beach. North of about 22nd street, Miami Beach is really just a long strip of beachfront hotels and nothing much else of interest to visitors, so unless you literally just want to hang out on the beach or by the pool and you're happy doing all your eating & drinking in your hotel, you'll end up taking a lot of taxi/bus trips.

As SoBeFan says, it's really only in the hotels on Ocean or Collins between 5th and about 12th that you're likely to be disturbed by noise from late-night revellers. Take a look at website www.oyster.com for exhaustive and objective hotel reviews, including the pros and cons of where they are located and how much of a party scene they attract.

4. Re: Where to stay Miami Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 am, October 06, 2012