We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

Connecticut
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Topic
Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

My 23 year old daughter and her cousin are going to South Beach either late June or early July to celebrate graduation from college. They like the beach and I woulld want a safe hotel, hopefully with ambiance, nice views. -On the beach or nearby-possibly close to the clubs.. I think what even is more important is the clubs!They are Black and like hip hop and reggaeton . If you suggest some clubs what is the general entrance fee and is it generally good to get one of those passes? Since they will only be coming for 4 days-which days are best and which days are best at the clubs. Are there any cruise excursions or anything else to do in the day? Is it generallly safe? IDo they really dress up or can they wear jeans at some of the places. Just trying to get any idea how much money I should send with her. Any advice or suggestions would be geatly appreciated.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

R>

The clubs are mostly centered between 5-15 streets so if you want to check rates near the beach, try the Park Central, the Pelican, or maybe a bit to the north (but ON the sand) the Surfcomber.

Here is my guide to fun places to eat and drink that are not expensive and tourisy.

As to the clubs, have the girls check wantickets.com less than 10 days before they fly because most clubs set their schedule at the last minute. That site has a general idea of prices which VARY each night. One important thing to note - Play and SoBe Live are mostly hip hop but ALL clubs move around the nights they have hip hop formats and house/techno music so a club like Mansion may be hip hop one night or NOT... Check that site. They do not need passes that they pay for in advance - in fact as girls they may find they get in free or at least FIRST.

Dress at clubs is more "little black dress" than jeans. In fact, it will be SO hot in July jeans will feel like punishment... Think this look:

http://www.thefashionrow.com/images/918.jpg

If your approximate dates move toward 4th of July, the city has a massive street party and fireworks at 10 street so plan their hotel according to whether they want to be in the party zone or perhaps away from the noise. One street over, the hotel Delores or South Beach Suites would be better if they visit ON the 4th.

AG

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,637 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

R>

Sorry - forgot to link to my guide to fun food & drinks

www.tinyurl.com/SOBE-AG

AG

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

Fab answer and I can't really add much other than hotels along Collins are great but also The Clevelander will have them in the middle of the action and closer to all the clubs, it has fun bars on the property and is near the bars Wet Willies, Fat Tuesdays and clubs Cameo, Mansion and Dream.

Jess

4. Re: Best hotels and clubs for 23 year old girls in South Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, October 28, 2012