We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap good hotel

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
2 posts
Save Topic
Cheap good hotel

What would be a good recommendation for a budget hotel instead of staying at hostels in Miami - $50-$70 per night ?

IOWA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cheap good hotel

Ocean Surf in North Beach

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cheap good hotel

During the last ten years, I've watched all of my old favorites double and triple in price as Miami Beach cotinues to get more popular. The worst was when the Ocean Way went from $39 per night to $109 per night in a single year! I stayed for a week at the Clay last month for $60 per night. It is primarily a hostel, but not many people know that they also have hotel rooms available. The room was small and simple, but had a private bathroom, fridge, and cable tv. For the price and it's awesome location right on Espanola Way it's the best deal I know of right now! Good luck.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cheap good hotel

You can also try the Castillo del Mar.

Mixed reviews on this website, but spoke to someone who stayed there and I believe them when they say that its not all that bad!!

The moral to my post, don't believe all that you read :)

rhode island
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Cheap good hotel

Essex House - a little higher - around $125-140/night - but a good solid clean hotel, good spot too.

Columbus, OH
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Cheap good hotel

We booked a room at the Riande for $90 per night. The Days Inn South Beach is pretty reasonable during the week, and it's clean enough and right on the beach. Not a lot of extras though.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Cheap good hotel

Atlantica hotel was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff was unbelievably rude, we did not have housekeeping, the a/c was broken in one of our rooms. The breakfast was terrible as was the coffee. I would of paid $200 more a night just to get out of that hell hole, unfortunately, there was no availabilty anywhere else for a party of 8. Overall my hotel experience nearly ruined our vacation.