We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SoBe in October???

Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
SoBe in October???

I am looking for a last minute trip and considering SoBe. Is mid October a nice to visit?? The current forcast (including the firs few days of the week of the 10th) had thundershowers almost every day. Are these likely to be all day events or passers by? And in General, is this a good time for the beach there?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SoBe in October???

Unless there is a tropical storm from the ocean or a cold front moving in from the north, the thudershowers are typically in the afternoon. There may be some clouds in the early morning but they usually burn off by 10:00 AM or so.

In general, the weather can be very good. For some reason, the temps have been slightly higher than normal for this time of year. There is no way to predict if this will hold true until your last-minute trip.

I am counting on good weather as we will be there Oct. 12 - 16! Stop by for a drink! I always bring extra water and beer just for that purpose!

Cheers!