We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mansion...some advice

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Mansion...some advice

Ok, so here's my post about everyone's highly-rated club Mansion.

First of all, we waited in line for 30 minutes, if not longer and we were close to the front of the line. Those bouncers weren't letting anyone in, and out of a really long line of people, they only let in 3 trashy girls who looked as though they should be on a street corner rather than at a club. Let me just say that I have nothing against dressing sexy, but there's a BIG difference between looking sexy and looking trashy.

Now the inside of this place...very cool, until it started getting packed with women around age 40 literally dressed in hooker attire. It would be one thing if they looked good, but they were overweight (stomachs sticking out further than their chests) with eighties style hair. If that's what an exclusive club is in South Beach, you can count me out.

Oh, and for those of you that think you can't get into these clubs with jeans and sneakers, guess again. I saw everything including, jeans, sneakers, polo shirts, and I might have even seen a T-shirt. Basically it didn't matter what you looked like, or what you wore as long as you were at least 21 and paid the $20 to get in.

This was not my idea of what an exclusive club should be like, especially since there was no place to actually dance and the music was old R&B with a few recent songs. The room with dance music was just as bad. This is where I found most of the older men and women hanging out. There were couples that were sitting around looking just as bored as my friend and I were, so we decided to leave after an hour and a half of pure boredom.

So my review of this place: HIGHLY OVERRATED!!! Don't waste your money on these places that pretend they are so hard to get into by having a velvet rope outside. Trust me, no one got turned away, so that should tell you something about the place. In the end, we saved money to go shopping instead.

Miami Beach
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mansion...some advice

Did you go on a Sunday?

Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
437 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mansion...some advice

I've never really understood all the hype over Mansion myself. As a local, it was "cool" for about 20 minutes when it first opened a couple of years ago. Ever since then it's become a major tourist trap and pretty low on the list of most locals in the know. Same with Opium (Prive). Just a local's point of view.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mansion...some advice

I went on a Saturday night, but I honestly don't think any other night would be different considering the types of people they let in. If a local agrees with me, then that should be a good indicator of how the club really is.