We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lowes Hotel

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ALG
New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Lowes Hotel

My husband and i are atsying at The Lowes South Beach nest week. Any thing we should aviod or any feedback about the hotel. Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lowes Hotel

The Loews is a very nice hotel. Assuming you're staying in the main building, it is one of the newest hotels on SoBe and therefore was built with today's standards of larger rooms and larger bathrooms. I always say that it's a convention-style hotel that appeals to the more business/conservative crowd (i.e., they have a rule that you can't layout topless in their pool area) and is definitely not a small boutique hotel that SoBe is known for. It is like any four-star hotel you'd find anywhere else... very nice, few surprises, and main stream personality. It is one of my wife's favorite hotels (second to Ritz-Carlton). They deliver a consistent, high quality product. You and the hubby should have a great time.

The only thing I'd avoid (and I'd say this about any hotel there), is to have your meals elsewhere. The food at most hotels is over priced and not that good (there are exceptions but I'm don't recall the Loews to be one of them). You will be in a GREAT location so you can walk to lots of great places on both Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road for lunch and/or dinner. You can easily walk to Walgreen's for for things such as bottled water and yogurt for breakfast. Although not cheap, check out Jerry's Famous Deli which is very close to your hotel for 7X24 great breakfasts, sandwiches and milkshakes.

I suppose the only comment I'd make (and again, the same is true for all hotesl)... if you like beer/booze/wine, go to the local liquor store (one is just before you get to 17th street on the other side of Collins) for booze and CVS on Lincoln a few feet west of from Collins for beer and wine. The price of two drinks at any hotel is about the same as a bottle at the store.

Things I would encourage is to spend at least some of your outside time at the beach. The Loews caters to folks who stay at the pool rather than checking out the beach. The pool is very cool but you need to go to the beach to better experience SoBe.

UK
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lowes Hotel

Hi, thats great advice about the Loews, however when you refer to the main building, do you mean the St Moritz or the Tower?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lowes Hotel

It is my understanding that the St Moritz is the original building on the property that they left standing. Therefore the "towers" would be the main building that is what you see in all of the pictures. My guess is the St. Moritz is pretty cool inside but I haven't actually seen it.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lowes Hotel

I saw on the Miami Beach home page that someone just posted an unfavorable hotel review of the Loews, but I didn't read it....

Get answers to your questions about Miami Beach