We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

childcare services in sobe?Doubletree surfcomber good for...

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LEEDS, UK
Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Topic
childcare services in sobe?Doubletree surfcomber good for...

Arrive in Miami for just 2 nights in January with a 4 year old before heading to disney so due to lack of time need to be central enough to see art deco area but somewhere where the first night we shall get a decent sleep so not too noisy. also have a 4 year old thought about Doubletree Surfcomber but Pelican gets great reviews so also thought about this. Need to be able to get to beach easily or swim at very leat in nice pool. Tried Hilton Fountainbleu will not do 2 night stays. Any recommendations?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: childcare services in sobe?Doubletree surfcomber good for...

I can't believe the Fountainbleu won't do a two-night stay, unless you are talking about a New Years Eve stay. FWIW, it was announced several months ago that Hilton was selling this property. I don't recall the timeframe but I believe it was supposed to take place this summer of fall so it may not be a Hilton during the dates you checked.

I stay at the Doubletree Surfcomber often. It is a MUCH better location than the Bleu as you are interested in Art Deco. You can walk to much of South Beach (assuming you have a stroller for the shorter legs). As a general rule, South Beach is NOT a family friendly area in that the beaches are topless, openly gay couples are common, and there is a fair amount of homeless people. However as your little one is but four, he/she is young enough that these things don't matter.

The Doubletree Surfcomber has a nice pool (although I doubt it is heated so it may be a little chilly being it's January) and great beach access. It is also quiet so you should expect a "decent sleep".

The Surfcomber does not have any programs for children or childcare. You might want to call the hotel to see if they can refer you to a service. Having said that, you may also want to check out the Ritz-Carlton and the Loews. They are also directly on the beach, have very nice pools, are quiet, and are all within a block or two of each other so they all have a great location. The Ritz and Loews are larger and will cost more, but I believe they have orginized programs for children - but I don't know the age groups. Again, you might want to contact these hotels directly and ask.