We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how far is miami airport from bal harbour

The Woodlands, Texas
11 posts
Save Topic
how far is miami airport from bal harbour

how far is miami airport from bal harbour and how should i get there taxi shuttle or rental car

nowhere
Level Contributor
872 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how far is miami airport from bal harbour

It's been awhile, but I once stayed at the airport and drove out to a hotel in Bal Harbor for meetings. Took about 20-25 minutes, dependng on traffic. A pretty straight shot. Stayed out there for a few days as well. Some classic hotels. You can eaisly take a taxi. Rentals can be had at hotels for a few days if you want to do a little sightseeing in the area, but it sort of depends on just where your're staying. If you're there for the beach, I guess I skip it (expensive parking at most hotels) and use taxi's to get around.

Mentioned in this post
Bal Harbor Beach
Bal Harbor Beach
644 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
USA
Level Contributor
718 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how far is miami airport from bal harbour

It's 16 miles or 30 minutes in good traffic.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how far is miami airport from bal harbour

I'm fairly sure a taxi cab to Bal Harbour is fixed - but I don't know how much as I alway have them take me to South Beach. A cab ride to anywhere in South Beach is fixed at $28. I recall seeing a notice inside of a Miami cab that listed all fixed-priced fares and Bal Harbour was one of them - I just can't remember the price. The good news is that in Miami, the price of cabs does not depend upon the number of passangers or luggage. In fact, you can request a minivan from the nice cab man at the airport (who will not accept tips) for the same price. It may take a few extra minutes, but if you have say four travelers and lots of luggage, it's worth the wait.

Mentioned in this post
South Beach
South Beach
17,082 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how far is miami airport from bal harbour

A quick google search and I found www.miamitaxi.net/transp/taxi_tips.htm. According to this web site (and it appears to be current), a cab ride from/to MIA and Bal Harbour is fixed at $38. My guess is if you have two or more passangers, this will be cheaper than a shared bus service and a lot quicker. I never get a rental car unless a cab ride is REALLY expensive or I need one for long distance trips such as to a business customer. I hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post