We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to south beach from FLL airport

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
8 posts
Save Topic
how to get to south beach from FLL airport

Hi all, i will be travelling to south beach this june 30. what is the cheapest and easiest way to get there from FLL airport? We do not intend to drive, so really need how we can get there! thanks!

Raleigh, nc
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

The easiest way is a cab at the airport, expect about $75-80(best guess) The shuttle to tri-rail, then to Metro-rail then to a bus would be cheaper, but not something I would try with luggage on a vacation.

for airport shuttle service I copied the following from passrider.com/cities/fort_lauderdale_fl.htm :

Tri-county Airport Express provides shared and limousine door to door service. They also provide service to PBI and MIA.

If you wish, you can book your reservations online or you can call 1-954-561-8888 or outside of Broward County, 1-800-244-8252. In addition, you may e-mail them at info@floridalimo.com.

Their server was down at this time, baised on Super Shuttle rates (which operates at MIA) probably $20-25 per person each way.

MIA is much closer to SoBe than FLL, if you have a choice. Have a great trip!

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
264 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

They have shuttle service, but it's gonna cost a pretty penny to use. Each time I visit SoBe, I fly into FLL, rent a car and drive to Miami. We just came from there, rent a very nice Pathfinder, for $225 and the drive is only about 25-35 mintues, and it's basically a straight shot. Yes, one can use the taxi services, but after awhile that gets old especially when you just want to GO! We stayed at a condo, and they had free parking spaces. We were able to walk from the condo to the events on the beach, and when we wanted to "get away" from the traffic and nonsense, we hopped in the car and headed WAY down the way and did a little shopping. I'm not sure the price hotels have for parking, but if you can get a good deal on a car, then you may want to try that route depending on how long you will be in the area. The "beach scene" gets a little old after a few days, so getting away is priceless.

Houston TX
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

Tri-Rail for $4 per person is great, not a problem at all with luggage, have done it several times!

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

Just as an FYI if you sue Tri-Rail - Here's the web site for the Tri-Rail and the route map:

http://www.tri-rail.com/system_map/

You'll have to get to the Tri-Rail station from FLL, then transfer from the Tri-Rail to the Miami Metrorail - then get a cab or other transport to South Beach...

so the $4.00 figure given above is a little deceiving.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

oooops!

Should be USE - not 'sue' -

Must have been a Freudian slip due to the litigous nature of south Florida :-)

new york
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

wow, thanks for all your advise! i will prob stick to the rail since it is cheap and i m only intending to bring one backpack!

thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

I'm not sure about the other posts, but at least in 2002, we took a shared van from FLL for, I believe, $15/person. It went direct to South Beach and we only waited for a few minutes (that part was probably lucky). It was available and coordinated by the taxi stand.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

Here it is:

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: how to get to south beach from FLL airport

I've done the FLL to SOBE route several times (cheaper flight and also sometimes I visit family in the fll area). Last year I took a cab from the airport to SOBE and it was about $45 (flate rate fee) Hopefully rates have not gone up since I will be doing the same come this 4th of July w/e.

I also did the shuttle (small van) once for $15 person (stops at several SOBE hotels but not all - they can easily point out the closest stop to your hotel).