We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to Wear to clubs

Which Miami Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
What to Wear to clubs

I am agonizing over what to wear - help!!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to Wear to clubs

It shoudl be a given, the sexxier the better :)

Thats what ill be doing this summer! :)

Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to Wear to clubs

Hey,

Not to worry. For most clubs, you will be just fine with a fancy top and jeans!

Camisoles are popular right now, especially if they're beaded sparkly, or lacy, paired with a snug-fitting, low cut pair of jeans (probably boot cut or flared). If you'd feel more comfortable, you'd also be fine with a short skirt instead of jeans.

Also, many girls are dressing 1980's style, with off the shoulder shirts and big earrings. This is an option if you'd like to be more covered up than a camisole will allow.

Don't forget to accessorize...lots of jewelry is fun and will dress up your outfit. Also, make sure your nails are done! Open-toed shoes are the norm here; they should have high heels and can be flashy (colored or silver/gold). Take a cute little sparkly clutch if you have one, or else just tuck your cash and your ID in your pocket! :)

Have fun!!!! If you have any other questions feel free to email me at miaponygirl@yahoo.com. :)

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to Wear to clubs

You are too cool pony girl!

Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to Wear to clubs

Gee, thanks!! :)

london
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to Wear to clubs

what do you wear if yur a guy?

Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What to Wear to clubs

If you're a guy...hmm...let me think...

Usually most of my guy friends wear jeans and a nice button down shirt. The jeans need to be stylish, though, and nice shoes are a must. I really wouldn't recommend sneakers, even though they would be SO much more comfortable!!!

A lot of times the guys will wear shirts that are brightly colored or patterned, and they often have an a-shirt ("wife beater") underneath the shirt, so they can unbutton the neck of the shirt once they get into the club. I've seen my guy friends wear ties from time to time, although they generally wind up taking them off about a half hour into the night!

Guys do need to accessorize as well...if your ear/ears are pierced, definitely wear an earring or earrings, if not, a necklace could be good, and a nice watch...if no watch, maybe a ring. Be careful with hats, though...some clubs won't let you in with them...I would skip the hat and put a little gel in your hair instead. :)

If the club is a little more casual (and you're comfortable with it), you can get away with a nice, fairly close-fitting knit shirt (a tee or a polo) instead of the button-down.

If you're going to dinner at a fancy place first, you may consider wearing slacks instead of jeans. Pinstripes seem to be pretty big right now...

Any guys want to agree or disagree??? I'm not really an expert on this one...I'm just going by what my friends wear!

Have fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,556 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to Wear to clubs

At the young age of 46 - or is it 47, I can never remember... what I wear may not be what the "kids" half my age are wearing but here it goes... also, I judge the success or failure of an outfit based upon the complements or lack thereof from my wife and lady friends (some my age and some much younger).

For a nice dinner and maybe a nice club/bar afterwards, I might wear my new black silk suit with a dressy black shirt. The slacks and coat are very relaxed (doesn't hold a press very well so it looks nice yet comfortable). My latest find is black undershirts rather than the traditional white crew-neck undershirt. It makes for a great effect when I wear the dress shirt loose at the neck. It's been a long time since I've worn a tie in SoBe but may pull one out from time to time depending upon the restaurant. I like donning black Cole Han slip-on shoes that are made with woven 1/2 inch thick straps of leather and I keep them always polished perfectly. A thin alligator skin belt finishes the outfit. Personally, I don't like wearing a watch when I party 'cause I don't want to know what time it is and I'm not in to jewelry at all... but that's just me.

For a more casual outfit (about as casual as I get in the evening if I'm not wearing shorts), I have both dark and light linen slacks that are a little baggy and nice short sleave shirts that I keep untucked (with a tucked in undershirt for comfort). Nice matching shoes, never any socks and I'm ready to go out.

Yes, I might be a little over dressed, but it is what make me comfortable and that's what it's all about.

ted
texas
Level Contributor
279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to Wear to clubs

all i wore in south beach was a thong.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
212 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What to Wear to clubs

I also want to know for both guys and girls-they would be going to a hip-hop club. Do the guys wear their jeans sagging?What are the best clubs for them to go too and what is the cover charge for the weekend?