We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how safe is miami?

west mids
Level Contributor
23 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
how safe is miami?

Me and my 11 friends will be holidaying in Miami at the end of this month for a week, what are the doe's and dont's while staying there, any information would be greatfully excepted!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how safe is miami?

I assume you are "holidaying" in Miami Beach and NOT Miami. They are two very different cities separated by water and connected by several fairly long bridges/causeways. They are close in proximity but worlds apart.

Within Miami Beach, the most two southern miles of the island are referred to as South Beach. This is where the clubs, restaurants, bars, shops, etc. are mostly located. If you are staying in South Beach, you should be perfectly safe at any time of the day or night. Clubs are open until the sun rises so there are people walking at all times of the day and night.

The city of Miami is a different story - there are some fun places in Miami City but if you stray off too far in the wrong direction, you can be in an area that you don't want to be.

We've visited South Beach many many times and have never had any problems. Like any city, I keep my eyes open and stay in populated areas, which is South Beach is VERY easy to do.

Hope that helps!

Ohio
Level Contributor
513 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how safe is miami?

What part of Miami?

3. Re: how safe is miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, August 29, 2009