We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recent trip to Orange Bowl

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
317 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
My recent trip to Orange Bowl

My Hubsand and I just got back from a short stay in Miami for the Orange Bowl. Prior to going I checked this forum a lot, and I didn't get much info from it, so I thought I would write a little about my trip so that others (maybe even those going to Super Bowl) would have some info. Our date of stay was Jan 2-4th. We flew into Miami airport which was pretty easy to navigate. Got a taxi to the InterContinental Hotel (dowtown Miami) which cost us about $25. See hotel section for my review on the hotel. Checked into the hotel and got a taxi to Dolphin Stadium and that was $50. It took us about 35 minutes to get there on a Tuesday at 2pm, which I guess was a little lengthy according to the cab driver. Went to the game and the stadium is huge and we were way at the top, but it was great. After the game, just walked to the front on the stadium and picked up taxi, back to the hotel, and again, about $50 for taxi. Next day, decided to go to South Beach. We took the city bus, which at 12 noon on a Wednesday was a good idea (safety wise). It cost $3 for both of us from the hotel to South Beach where a taxi would have cost us $18. South Beach is basically just that... a beach, nice restaurants and shopping. Pretty cool, something you should see if you are going that far. We walked the whole thing, down Ocean Drive, to LIncoln Rd. (shopping) and then to Espanoza Way (a disappointment of hispanic shopping, food, etc.) And we took the bus back to the hotel. By this time is was feeling a little more unsafe( the bus at 3:30pm). The bus that takes you to/from South Beach to dowtown and Bayside is the C or the S. Later that night, we went to Joes Stone Crab and took a taxi for about $20 with tip. See review on restuarants. Took a taxi to Bayside after eating at Joes, a shopping area with entertainment and walked around just because it was close to out hotel and walked to hotel from there. If you have some time to kill and you can walk to there, I would recommend it, but I wouldn't get a taxi from South Beach to shop here, since a lot of it is the same. Left the next morning after a late breakfast. Overall we didn't find much to do here, a great place to have a few days, but South Beach would probably be a better location, but we had free nights at the Intercontinental.

England-Grew up...
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My recent trip to Orange Bowl

jpp,

Great review, thanks. Just out of interest what section were you in at Dolphins Stadium??

I love Bayside and often walk around there and get a bite to eat before/after watching a Heat game - thats really the only thing that takes me to that area though.

Surprised you didnt rent a car, sounds like you spent a small fortune on public transport, :)

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
317 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My recent trip to Orange Bowl

We were in section 425 at Dolphin Stadium. Yes, after we got there, we thought about renting a car, which probably would have cost the same based on how much we spent on taxi's. But, we didn't know our way around at all, and the hotel charges a lot of money for parking, and parking at the game could have been expensive too, and just fighting traffic and with each other about which way to go, I think this was fine.

3. Re: My recent trip to Orange Bowl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 24, 2009