We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Miami dangerous?

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Is Miami dangerous?

Hi!

I just love miami even if i've never been there but i've heard it's really dangerous,can someone tell me more about it?

thanks

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

Ohmigod ... how much time do you have? Don't believe all you see on tv. They only report bad news. There are murders in every big city just about every day. Thousands of tourists come to Miami every month. Why would they continue to come if it is really dangerous.

London
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

Its no more dangerous that any other large city. WE LOVE MIAMI.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,587 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

Jen>

The short answer is - Miami is not dangerous.

The longer answer is:

I am a single girl and have lived here a long time. I also have traveled - well, nearly everywhere - alone and with friends and family. I can tell you that no matter where you go, you need to be careful and aware and sensible and keep yourself safe.

I think the TV/Movie image of Miami makes us seem spicy and sexy and edgy and druggy and wild. And you know what? That's good for business.

If you come to Miami to visit, you can find the wild stuff and the cultural stuff and the exciting stuff too. But you can also wake up in the morning and pull on a pair of shorts and flip flops and watch the sun rise over the ocean EVERY DAY and just marvel at how beautiful life is...

That's why I'm still here.

AG

canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

thank you very much for the information guys!

the thing is that i've asked people of other forums too and everyone told me that it's really dangerous and they gonna mug you,especially if you are a foreigner.

I know that no matter where you go there are areas to avoid and everything but i just wanted to know specifically about miami!

So thank you guys,your answers are truly appreciated

manhatan beach, ca
Level Contributor
506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

I've been to Miami a couple times. I've never had any problems. Use common sense as you would in any big city in the world and you should be okay. There's a lot of foreigners in Miami so don't worry about it.

london
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

i went to miami for a night i do admit it seemed a bit rough around the edges but not enough to make me run and hide, some fella sked me and the people i was with if we wanted to stroke his snake which was sitting on his shoulders

7. Re: Is Miami dangerous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, August 27, 2009