We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien vs Trump sonesta in sunny isles, florida

Las Vegas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Le Meridien vs Trump sonesta in sunny isles, florida

We are planning to visit florida in Nov -23-28, around thanksgiving time. 3 adults and a 1yr old son. My husband like to layback and chill by the beach or pool and do nothing. I'd like to explore a little bit. So we dediced to go to sunny isles. I'm debating between Le Meridien and Trump sonesta. Any suggestions, advice. Le meridien happens to offer 2 br condo with 2 bath, whereas Trump has a junior suite with 1 bedroom that we are considering. checking from the description, the restaurants and pool at Le meridien is not as nice as Trump, but the 2 bathroom seems to be an important factor tha gives the Le Meridien some weigh in my decision. Anyone please justify my research and give me some inputs. Thank you very much

Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
180 reviews
from $58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from $65.00*
$75.00
Miami Speedboat Tour
51 reviews
from $38.00*
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
272 reviews
from $78.00*
sim
Sunny Isles Beach,FL
Level Contributor
521 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien vs Trump sonesta in sunny isles, florida

LE Meridien may give you two bedrooms (living room with a pul out sofa and a bedroom) that is what they call two bedroom. The rooms are so small you can not fit between the bed and the wall. You can get an ajoining studio then you will have a two bedroom.

The pool is the size of the bath tub so every body is on the beach, however,LeMeridien owns very small ocean frontage so everyone is packed side by side , the lounges touching. Not very relaxing.

The trump has the feel of an office building along with the decor.and not worth the money. Have you looked at Acqualina, nothing comes even close to that one, three pools and suites even the standard rooms are twice the size of the other.

If Acqualina is above your budget, then I would recommend Doubletree Ocean Point they have the most amazing, huge, two bedroom suites, two and a half marble bathrooms, wrap around balconies, large ocean frontage and it is too a new building on the beach. The location of Ocean Point is better as it is closer to shopping and restaurants.See the virtual tour.

Enjoy!

2. Re: Le Meridien vs Trump sonesta in sunny isles, florida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 18, 2009