We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Miami - Car or bus/metro ?

Orange County...
Level Contributor
343 posts
103 reviews
3 days in Miami - Car or bus/metro ?

Do I need a car to go around Miami, or are the buses and metro real convenient ? Will be there in Sept. Thanks!

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
405 Reviews
from $49.99*
$75.00
Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
202 Reviews
from $38.00*
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,772 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Miami - Car or bus/metro ?

S>

I see you're from LA where everyone drives.

Let's start with some details -

Where is your hotel?

Are you coming here on business

or to relax by the sea

or to sightsee

or to visit family

or to power shop

or to explore the Everglades or the Keys

or something else entirely ? ? ?? ?

Your answer to these questions determines the answer to your transit needs.

AG

Orange County...
Level Contributor
343 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: 3 days in Miami - Car or bus/metro ?

Hi AG! I may be in Brickell-Downtown for the first 2 days, and then move closer to airport on the 3rd day so I have shuttle to airport. Or vice versa. Yup, I almost mentioned that I'm from LA (where the tire companies killed the Metro system back then). So far, I am thinking of seeing Miami Beach (South Beach?), Little Havana, and Wynwood Walls. More suggestions appreciated.

I guess if go to the Keys or Everglades, that's when I'll need a car ? What is there to do in the Keys aside from seeing more water ? I like culture, history, and that sort. Some art. No shopping. Thanks!

3. Re: 3 days in Miami - Car or bus/metro ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 26, 2015