We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice of Hotels for the Ironman Triatholon in November

Baltimore Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Choice of Hotels for the Ironman Triatholon in November

We have been given the following names of places to stay; any opinions?

LaQuinta Inn Cutler Ridge

Best Western Floridian

Quality Inn at the Falls

Amerisuites Kendall

Wellesley Inn Kendall

Thanks for any insights!

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice of Hotels for the Ironman Triatholon in November

I haven't stayed at any of these places, but I do live in Miami. So I can help on location. I looked up your the places of the race its all southwest miami-dade county. They are all pretty much on the same par as style star rating, etc.

LaQuinta and Best Western are next door to one another. This is not the greatest area. I wouldn't walk around there at night. The LaQuinta was built probably 5 or so years ago. The Best western was hit buy hurricane andrew and was totally redone about 10 years ago. So it should be nice. Restaurant choices are less in this area.

Quality Inn at the Falls, safe area. Lots of restaurants close buy. Older though. I think they remodeled? Little further drive, just because you are not close to the expressway, so you will have to take the roads in town.

Amerisuites and Wellesley are close to one another, just off Kendall Drive. Wellesley is older. A friend of mine stayed there a year ago. She said it was ok, she wouldn't stay there again though. Amerisuites is newer, I would recommend this one out of all your choices. Many chain restaurants to pick from. Here you are close to the turnpike expy. Which is good for you as Larry & Penny and the Zoo are both off the expressway pretty much, but you are close to the zoo and L&P that it will be easier to take the roads in town.

East of these two also on Kendall Drive are also a Radisson that was just totally redone two years ago and east of the Radisson is a nice Marriott and a brand new like 6 months old Courtyard Marriott.

You are still not far. I have stayed at the Marriott, very nice.

If I had friends coming into town I would say the Courtyard Marriott, Marriott, Radison or the AmeriSuites.

Baltimore Maryland
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice of Hotels for the Ironman Triatholon in November

Thank you so much for your insights! Another place that has popped up is the Comfort Inn; supposedly an award winning site for them. It is confusing to us to figure out the proximity of things. Most of the maps don't really have a lot of detail about this part of Miami.

3. Re: Choice of Hotels for the Ironman Triatholon in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2009