We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go when we are in North Miami

Columbus
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to go when we are in North Miami

A bunch of friends and I are going to be in the 4000+ address on Collins Ave. We re staying at the Days Inn Ocean Front. Where can we go for some fun?! I read there is a boardwalk by the hotel.... We will not have a car to go down to South Beach...so anything walking distant will be great. Any ideas would be helpful! thanks.

Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
180 reviews
from $58.99*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from $65.00*
$75.00
Miami Speedboat Tour
51 reviews
from $38.00*
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
272 reviews
from $78.00*
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go when we are in North Miami

Coconutz>

Have you prepaid your reservation already? Please switch over to the Miami Beach Forum and click the links to the Miami Beach Hotels. The reviews from people who have stayed at that hotel recently are not good... REALLY not good. The location is not North Miami - it is actually right on Miami Beach - just not a really fun area.

This is the link:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34439-d85116-R…

1. Do not stay here.

2. Would rather stay in a Mexican Jail.

3. Hotel Hades! Run away from this place!

4. Worst experience in my life.

5. Horrible hotel I ever stayed

6. What a DUMP Service is terrible.

7. Well - #7 included photos in case you still want to stay there.

Can you change properties at this point???

Click the link that says Miami Beach Hotels. If you want to stay someplace inexpensive, check out the Villa Paradiso, the Clay, the Impala, the Atlantica... the Townhouse.

I live here so I can not speak to the hotel rooms as many people who visit and post here provide first hand info... Any hotel at 17th and below (all the way to 1st) is the optimal location for beach, restaurants, shopping and clubs.

How did you book the hotel - through the Days Inn Website or another service? You can call 1-800-Days-Inn or the hotel directly at 305-673-1513 and request a cancellation. You need to secure a confirmation code of the cancellation transaction so they can not charge your credit card (unless you agreed to pay one night in case of cancellation...) Most hotels allow you to cancel without penalty up to 24 hours in advance.

Seriously - the reviews on this site are awful... You have nothing to lose if you try to sort this out. If you used a travel site and they have a customer service telephone number, call and say you heard the hotel is bad and can they suggest a better option. Then look at the places I posted and choose someplace that will make you happier.

Sorry to give you bad news, but I know how hard it is to plan a vacation and how rough it can be if the accommodations don't work out.

Let me know if i can help...

AG

2. Re: Where to go when we are in North Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 16, 2009