We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Miami or Miami Beach?!

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, Wales...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Miami or Miami Beach?!

Hello peeps, me and my boyfriend are looking to travel to America next year (2014) and are planning on a few days in NYC and then flying to Miami for some time too. I can see it's a pretty big place and don't know too much about the place just now. I've done NYC before so fine with where to stay but with Miami, do we stay in Miami itself or Miami Beach? Both look really nice but want to be in the best place for getting around and also best priced. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Marie

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,583 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Miami or Miami Beach?!

Marie>

Consider South Beach - a 23 street stretch of the shore where there are lots of hotels, restaurants and bars plus access to EVERYThing via a 25 cent shuttle bus - easy, breezy and FUN!

MAPS to help plan - southbeach-usa.com/maps/miami-beach-maps.htm

Area guide for 1st timers - oceandrivemiamibeach.com/ocean-drive-hotels/

AG

Cardiff, Wales...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Miami or Miami Beach?!

This is brilliant, thanks for your help AG. Will make planning the trip much easier! :-)

Thank you

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Miami or Miami Beach?!

Hi, we're staying on Collins Ave. around 40th. Will the 25 cent bus go down that far, (back and forth to South Beach) ??? Thanks.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,259 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Miami or Miami Beach?!

No, sorry, the 25c south beach local only goes between 1 Street and 23 Street. See route map here:

…miami-dade.fl.us/transit/…123.pdf

You can take the S bus from 40 Street, or walk down to 23 Street (about 1.5 miles) and catch the local bus, or get a taxi.

5. Re: Miami or Miami Beach?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 14, 2014