We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a bit of help...

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
need a bit of help...

I understand taking a cab to the Port of Miami can be a problem. I'm hearing hour long waits even when you call for a cab the night before. Cabs never showing up! We will be headed to the Port on a Sunday and I think I will need to stay as close to the Port as possible. Any advice?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,915 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need a bit of help...

Where would you be taking this cab from ?

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need a bit of help...

From a hotel very near the Port.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a bit of help...

I don't think you'll have a problem except during unusally heavy rush times. Call the cab the night before, then follow up with a call in the morning.

Miami, FL
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
2,683 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: need a bit of help...

I've never heard of this problem but it may be that everyone near the port is calling for cabs at the same time. Possible solutions: Look for a hotel near the port that has a shuttle. Have the hotel call you a cab. Call extra early. Stay near the airport (which is not too far from the port); there are always cabs available near the airport.

5. Re: need a bit of help...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 03, 2014