We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What part of Miami should I stay in?

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
1 post
Save Topic
What part of Miami should I stay in?

My boyfriend and I will be in Miami for two nights. I want to stay somewhere where I have access to cuban food and somewhere to go dancing (live Latin music is a HUGE plus). We don't have to be within walking, but I would like to be close. I'm seeing a lot of forums saying that South Beach is the place to be for nightlife, but every hotel is way out of my price range or else seems totally divey. I need a place that has more intermediate stay options. Any suggestions?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,182 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What part of Miami should I stay in?

Your travel dates and budget would be a big help...

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,079 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What part of Miami should I stay in?

You might search South Miami (close to the University of Miami) and Coral Gables, which probably still has a few low-cost hotels. See if the Ponce de Leon Hotel is still there. Coral Gables is rather sedate and affluent. There might also be something in Coconut Grove.

Edited: 10:49 pm, April 06, 2013
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What part of Miami should I stay in?

Try some of the Downtown Hotels - this link may help you with the music aspect - plenty of Cuban Food available in Miami

…about.com/od/…LiveMusicMiamiBeach.htm

I am sure AG will have some great suggestions for you.

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What part of Miami should I stay in?

TMC>

Trip dates and budget for a room per night?

AG

5. Re: What part of Miami should I stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 09, 2014