We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

I'm 50 and straight, and have heard lots of buzz about the night life in SoBe. However, I'm not into blasting music, hip hop/rap, or paying $300 for a bottle of champagne that costs $35 in a liquor store. I do like classy bars with not-overly-loud music and interesting people, local or not. A view is also a plus, whether it's a pool or the beach. My guess is that my preferences rule out 'big deal' clubs like Mynt or Mansion, even if they let me in, which they likely won't. Suspect that hotel bars are a better option, but which hotels? If anyone can suggest good options, I would appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Stoptravelscams

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

The walking tour is very good - you will enjoy it - and it gives you some ideas of decent bars, places to re visits as well as the history.

AG - your love of the place shines through, I love it but have way less knowledge and perhaps like slightly different things. What I love about this place is that everyone genuinely tries to help people by giving their honest views. It's not like this in some trip advisor forums. I just want anyone who comes here to love it as much as I do - and you can tell you love this place to bits!

AZ
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

For the OP and others - do you mind if I ask where you are staying? We too are mature travelers (50s so old enough to know better;) and I am still quite bewildered about where to stay on Miami Beach. South Beach seems a bit out of our element but we do want to be somewhere within walking distance of a nice drink or 2.

Will be there for a pre-cruise week-end in April. Somebody let me know if it is not appropriate to tack this on and I will create a new post.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

Get on it and enjoy - we can show those young things a move or two ;-)

Houston
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

im 37 and will be in south beach in early may. I'm looking for good nightlife options (bars, lounges, or clubs) that wont be packed with early twenty somethings. so a little older crowd. any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited: 12:51 am, March 18, 2013
toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

Hi,

Can you suggest a good south beach restaurant that turns into some place with a bit of night life / good music. We are 8 tennis girls on our annual tennis trip. We range in age from 40 - 60, but still like to have a good time. i heard that the food at prime italian was very good, but I doubt that has any night life beyond just a restaurant? What is the best night of the week to go?

thanks for you help

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

December>

You want Haven Gastro Lounge on Lincoln Road or STK Steakhouse on Collins. Both serve dinner and then the music gets louder as the hour grows late. You might also like Villa Azur so log onto each of these websites to read the menus and then make a reservation.

AG

Coral Gables...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

You've given out some great advice to others...I'm hoping that you can assist me in my search. I'm looking for a club or dinner club where they would play a lot of music for slow, close dancing. Any ideas in the So. Florida area? Thanks in advance.

18. Re: South Beach clubs/bars for mature adults

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, May 02, 2014