We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
60 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Before anything else, please just read this. Do not use their service for your car parking needs. (Read that last sentence again).

The good:

The company charges $8 a day for parking plus a $5 fee for booking online. Cancellation costs the fee and they state you can get credit for future parking. Drivers were efficient and friendly.

The bad:

Around 3-5 vans are running at a time to drop off passengers on their way to the cruises. Around 10 people plus luggage can fit at a time, so there is a 20-45 minute delay in getting to the port.

The really bad:

I waited from 8:00 until 8:45 for a van to pick me up. Never saw any Premier can at anytime go by. Read another review that highlighted a 2.5 hour wait just to get picked up. Paid the $12 for the taxi ride just to get to the lost.

The lot used was in the Overtown (as featured on the First 48 and Cops) area of Miami. It was an old city parking lot the company is using. Lot is fenced, but doesn't exude safety, especially since it's obvious the cars are there for 4-7 days at a time.

The ugly:

Once you get to the lot to pick up your car, the employees have no idea where they parked you. They go around with your key and use the alarm function on the car to find it. If they can't find your car, they walk aimlessly around until you track them down to get your own keys.

They park your cars 5-7 deep, double parked, etc. So, if you are unlucky, you have to wait for them to move all of the cars in front of yours before you can leave. Cops had to be called for "crowd control" due to the rightly irate customers. The police officers noted they have been called about this place before, same issues.

The inexcusable:

During the time I waited, one employee was asking if someone had the wrong keys or picked up the wrong number. Essentially, they had lost someone's keys.

One of the cars in the back lot in the row next to mine had the keys in the driver's side door. To say it would have been easy to move (or steal) this vehicle is an understatement.

So, again. Save yourself the hassle, the insanity, the drama, etc., and just find another alternative to park.

167 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Premier Parking sucks! I guess you get what you pay for. There's a reason they're cheaper than parking right at the port. Waited in line close to an hour for the shuttle to pick up form the lot. It only came by maybe every half hour. We finally gave up and walked out to the street to find a cab to take us to the ship, as did a lot of other people waiting for the shuttle. Maybe we caught them on a bad day but there was never an explanation as to why the wait was so long. I will never use Premier Parking again!

Edited: 1:45 pm, June 16, 2013
North Reading...
1 post
Save Reply
22. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Stay away from this parking service!!! We waited over 1/2 hour for a van under the sun. When the van finally came, the Port of Miami parking attendants were rude and expected people to be packed like sardines in an old van with no ac. They were packing 20+ people in each van and threatened not to take us to the port unless we follow their direction. People were seating on top of each other inside the van. We ended up driving and parking in the port. I called customer service to complain and the person who answered the phone does not care at all and will not refund our money! DO NOT USE THIS PARKING SERVICE!!!

New Port Richey...
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Be careful! There is another company with a similar name - Premier Parking Ventures. They will warn you about Premier Parking. Their vans have advertising all over them. You park your car in their lot on NW Court St. I am a travel agent and personally use them all the time. They are very good. Their website is premierparkingusa.com

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

I so agree with you. We gave this place 2 chances and both times it was horrible. Waited at least 3/4 hour at the cruise port to get a van back to the car. No customer service whatsoever-very "I don't care" attitude. We will pay the $20 per day at the cruiseport before we would EVER use these guys again.

Plainview, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Thank you for saving me!!!!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

I am posting this again here because apparently there are several links referencing Port of Miami parking.

Do not pre pay for parking with Premier Parking Ventures at the Port of Miami. Worst experience ever! We just returned from a cruise yesterday. Upon arriving at the lot everything was fine. However, returning to the lot was a nightmare. We waited at the port of Miami for nearly two hours. When I called the number provided to me for the return trip, it went to voicemail multiple times stating that the mailbox was full. I texted the number but received no return text. Then I called the number on the website and was transferred back to the number whose mailbox was full. After waiting almost two hours, we ended up paying for a taxi to take us to the parking lot. Upon arrival, my husband who was rightfully upset after waiting for nearly two hours in the hot sun trying to flag down a shuttle, confronted the staff at the lot. Rather than apologize for the untimely lack of service and explain that one of the vans was broken down, the staff engaged in a heated argument with my husband and threatened to call the police. He was angry but he did not physically threaten the staff. The staff that yelled and threatened my husband was an older caucasian man with white hair and a younger, Hispanic overweight man. So, we will never use their services again nor will we recommend their services to anyone we know. They had the nerve to send us a survey about their service. Ha! I told them they should remove Premier and USA from their name and replace it with the more suitable "Ghetto" Parking instead! It may cost more to park at the port, but it is more convenient (right across from check in) and less of hassle than dealing with these clowns.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

I got off of the cruise today and the shuttle never showed up to tranport me and my family back to the parking lot. We waited from 8:30am until 10:00am before we just gave up and decided to take a $20 taxi ride back. Their customer service line is a joke. We called several times when they finally anwered they said they were coming but still never showed up. This company should be put out of business. I will never ever use them again. I wouldn't.advise their service unless you want to be stranded.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

I got off of the cruise today and the shuttle never showed up to tranport me and my family back to the parking lot. We waited from 8:30am until 10:00am before we just gave up and decided to take a $20 taxi ride back. Their customer service line is a joke. We called several times when they finally anwered they said they were coming but still never showed up. This company should be put out of business. I will never ever use them again. I wouldn't.advise their service unless you want to be stranded.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
29. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Casselberry, Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port

Pat - so sorry for your frustration and lousy end to what I hope was a great cruise.

Could you be more specific about which company caused your distress? There are several with very similar sounding names but very different reputations. So please give the full name, address where your vehicle was parked and their website. That will help others heed your warning. Thanks in advance.

Reply to: Premier Parking Miami Cruise Port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted