We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need pre-cruise hotel/shuttle advice

Oklahoma City...
3 posts
Save Topic
Need pre-cruise hotel/shuttle advice

My husband and I and 2 teenage boys will be cruising out of Miami on Carnival in May. We are flying into Ft Lauderdale. We would like to go deepsea fishing one day and maybe an excursion to the Keys the other day. Can you please advise on hotel location & price? I saw a post about the hiphop weekend. We are not the party type. Just need an affordable hotel for sleeping in a decent location (cab fare, security) around FLL airport, cruise terminal, fishing. Free breakfast, microwave/fridge a bonus. Thanks for any help!

FL
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need pre-cruise hotel/shuttle advice

If you trip is during Hip Hop weekend, and you're not the party type, then stay in Fort Lauderadle for sure! I would recommend a hotel on 17th street causeway which is just a few miles from FLL and Bahia Mar marina where there are plenty of fishing boats. When it's time to board the ship, then drive to Miami. Check on the Fort Lauderdale forum for specific hotel ideas. If you have only 1 day an excursion to Islamorada John Pennycamp park would be a great idea, snorkeling!

2. Re: Need pre-cruise hotel/shuttle advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 07, 2014