We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cruise out of Miami

Perth
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Best cruise out of Miami

We will be visiting Florida from Australia in late November and December, and would like to go on a cruise for around 4 to 7 days around November 30. There will be 6 around 50 yr olds (3 couples). We would like a cruise that offers us reasonable value, but would be happier to spend the money if it meant we had comfortable cabins and a better experience. We don't really mind what ports we go to. Any advise would be appreciated.

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
378 reviews
from $65.00*
$75.00
Little Havana Food and Walking Tour
182 reviews
from $58.99*
Miami Speedboat Tour
51 reviews
from $38.00*
Miami Everglades Airboat Adventure...
273 reviews
from $78.00*
Florida
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

The cruise line you pick depends on your personality and what ammenities the line offers on board. Carnival is usually for those who like to party a little more. Disney those who really love all things Disney. Royal Caribbean, Princess and Norweigan will see more older adults but there are still younger people.

I've cruised with Carnival and Norweigan. I personally wasn't impressed with Carnival but I know someone who only cruises with them. Norweigan had a lot of old people but I had my 3 yr old and we had a great time and never felt out of place. A lot of your experience of any cruise line is what you make of it.

I suggest you look at specific boats and pick one that has a lot of things to do that you're interested in if you don't mind the port of call you go to.

dallas,tx
Level Contributor
54 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

How long are you going to be in Miami? I like Royal Caribian tthe best! The boat itself makes the vacation. Look into this and see if you can make it happen. copy and paste into browser BTW 50 is NOT old GK95!!!

royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/…

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
14,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

deej>

1. Join Travelzoo.com to get weekly updates on DEEPLY discounted cruises out of the Port of Miami. You have lots of time to shop around and they link to many cruise discount websites in one go (and they are not SPAMMY)... Go for the best cruise you can afford with these discount options your $$$ will stretch farther -- outside cabins & balconies are a BIG plus!

2. Carnival is a "fun" ship so it's geared to a less picky more drinky traveler... I agree with the above posts that encourage you to aim a bit better than that.

3. CruiseCritic.com is our sister site and has BOATloads of feedback on all the cruises from real people. Check in there!

AG

Perth
Level Contributor
116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

Thanks everyone for your posts. We will be in Florida for a wedding Nov 23 and then staying on for Thanksgiving. We are then travelling around ending up somewhere snowy for Christmas, so we have a fair degree of flexibility regarding dates, destinations and departure ports. I will look at the websites, and certainly read the reviews.

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

The best cruise bargains to be had are in early December, check out www.vacationstogo.com a cruise broker based in Houston. We have used them a few times and their prices are good. 5 day cruises to the Bahamas are especially good value but we love the 7 day cruises on Royal Carribean's biggest ships

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

I reccomend Royal Carrieban, Celebrity, and lastly Norweigian for your demo. not Carnival.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

Picking the 'best' cruise, would be like picking the 'best' wine....you need to do some research and see what fits your personalities.

Make sure to check out TAs sister site...www.cruisecritic.com

Yogi

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
585 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

I agree with miamiyogi - do some research first. Personally, I really like Royal Caribbean. I have gone on a number of cruises with them and others, but seem to like them best. Check out the Oasis of the Sea sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. I believe it is one of the largest cruise ships in the world - along with her sister ship. I was quite impressed.

Take into consideration the ports of call when doing your research.

Anaheim
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

I'll be going on my 28th cruise on March 16th 2013 so I know a lot about cruising. The worst cruise for me still has been a lot of fun. I go on Carnival a lot because I can get really cheap deals with them. But if money is not your main concern ... avoid Carnival. I rate Princess and Royal Caribbean the best for the money. Norwegian behind them. I have not been on Celebrity or Holland America although I hear good things about them both, especially the food. If I had to narrow it down to a ship for you I'd pick Royal Caribbeans "Oasis of the Seas" or its sister ship "Allure of the Seas" the two largest ships afloat and with the best amenities you can imagine. So large that you don't realize that there are 6,000 other passengers aboard. "Oasis" was my favorite cruise of all. For Princess I'd suggest the "Caribbean Princess" a large ship with excellent food and service. The Caribbean is my favorite cruise destination with Alaska second. You can't go wrong if you choose any of these three ships. glitzie@dslextreme.com

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,330 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best cruise out of Miami

I've just come back on Wednesday from my third cruise this year and each with a different line ( NCL, Princess, Royal Caribbean) and after those experiences and others in previous years , I agree that I would endorse Royal Caribbean for someone in your age category. Oasis and Allure, their mega ships, are impressive as far as a variety of facilities , but as far as I know they do only 7 day cruises I personally like somewhat smaller ships that hold somewhere around 2000 passengers.