We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FG Car Service

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
FG Car Service

Anyone ever used this service, looking for airport to hotel transfers/hotel to port/port to airport transfers. Airport is FLL, Port is Miami, hotel is Westin Diplomat, so a little far for most shuttle services.

Thanks

Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
175 Reviews
from $38.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from $49.99*
$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
33 Reviews
from $39.00*
Mesa, Arizona
1 post
51. Re: FG Car Service

We journeyed from Arizona to Fort Lauderdale for a cruise out of Miami. I requested several quotes online and received an email, text, and phone call from FC Transportation. Francisco was polite, knowledgeable, and helpful in assisting us with our travel needs. Francisco spoke to us on the phone before we left Arizona, and after we landed he called us with the name of our driver and description of our vehicle. Our driver, Maher, was professional, on time, and very patient, as I have mobility issues. Maher took us to the Marriott in Miami the day before our cruise and came back the next day to transport us to the Port of Miami. A week later when our cruise was over Maher was again on time to pick us up at the Port to transport us to our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. Since coming home I have shared his contact information with several family members. I only wish he were my driver next month for my cruise out of Long Beach !!!

Miami, FL
1 post
1 review
52. Re: FG Car Service

Good reliable service

US Midwest
Level Contributor
21 posts
34 reviews
53. Re: FG Car Service

Based on recommendations in this forum, I emailed and called Francisco in November in order to arrange a transfer from the port to the airport in December. Francisco was charming and assured me that we'd be his top priority the morning we arrived in port. He agreed to pick us up personally at 9 am, and he asked me to call him the morning of arrival when we were at breakfast on the ship. As directed, I called him during breakfast. Francisco seemed to have no record of our arrangement and asked me to call again when we had exited the terminal. I asked if he was personally planning to come, and he responded vaguely that there were 4 or 5 guys working for him, and one of those would come. He mentioned a number of other transfers and asked which ship we were on, a detail that had been covered when we booked with him.

When we left the terminal, I called again and got voice mail. Having waited for him about 30 minutes and needing to get to the airport to catch a flight, I called to cancel (voice mail again) and we took a taxi to the airport.

We used multiple car services on our six week trip to Europe and back. Only this one failed to come through for us. I'm glad others on this forum had better results, but we were frustrated and disappointed.

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,911 posts
9 reviews
54. Re: FG Car Service

I've never used FG Car Service, but I do wonder that almost the posts in this thread are by one-time posters. Sorry about your bad experience.

55. Re: FG Car Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:08 am, January 24, 2014
Buffalo Grove...
2 posts
2 reviews
56. Re: FG Car Service

I was a one time poster because I don't usually use this site, but since this was where I'd read about the car service before I used then, and they were EXCELLENT I wanted to add my opinion. I wonder more about the person who had such a bad experience because mine was exactly the opposite!!

57. Re: FG Car Service

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:07 am, January 24, 2014
58. Re: FG Car Service

Removed on: 8:07 am, January 24, 2014
Washington DC
Level Contributor
1 post
103 reviews
59. Re: FG Car Service

I discovered FG Car Service by pure chance over the internet. As a frequent reviewer on T/A, I thought that I should share with my fellow travelers my excellent experience with FG Car service and the owner Francisco. We used his company for our MIA airport pick-up with final destination to the Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel and return. Our stay in FLL was from December 20th through December 29th, 2013.

Unlike other van services, your traveling party is the only one in the van and you go directly to your destination. The fee is a flat one each way (and not per passenger). You receive a discount if you book a round-trip service. The van is clean and well-maintained.

Francisco is very responsive to your e mail inquiries. Upon arrival/departure, you can quickly communicate via text and e mail and make the final arrangements like baggage claim area etc. For only two travelers, my wife and I had tons of luggage. On the way back, we had the same driver who remembered us and attached a trailer to the van! I guess we made a BIG impression...smiles.

The travel time from MIA to our FLL hotel was 45 minutes to 1 hour. I-95 traffic can be so very unpredictable. As such, we left the FLL hotel at 1:30pm for a 5pm flight. It may seem excessive but with three hours to spare at the airport, we were able to relax, eat and walk through the very attractive airport.

All in all, Francisco provides a great service and I wish him the best of success.

1 post
60. Re: FG Car Service

Hi there...I used FG Car Service on Dec 16 and 20th...absolutely wonderful service!! They were courteous, timely, and very professional...Francisco even took us to the Miami Heat arena so we could take pictures...the price for the shuttle was very reasonable and the van was clean and had excellent air conditioning...will definitely use them again