We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Hertfordshire UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

I've been recommended one of four possible companies to take my family from MIA airport.

I've never heard of them can anyone vouch for them please?

A-1 Executive Transportation

Admiral Limousine

Alianza Transport

Enova Transportation

Really want a reputable company so any help appreciated.

Thank you

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,789 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

J>

This is nothing to worry about. The city runs the taxi queue at the airport so a uniformed dispatcher has a radio and calls up each car and safely deposits you and your family inside. The cabs are REGULATED and the fares are FIXED to set destination points. EVERYTHING is sorted out for you so just walk out of customs and find the line...

No fuss. Nothing to plan...

AG

Hertfordshire UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

I appreciate that but because I will be with elderly parents I want to avoid any form of waiting in line....and also we will be 6 persons.. so would need two taxis...

So I thought it would be better to organise a van or similar in advance to be waiting for us at the airport.

Jessie

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

No if you go to the dispatcher - they will call a van for you. Hope you don't have excessive baggage or you may need 2.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Sorry princessjessie, your post has run a little off course. Those companies you're asking about are limo/van companies, not taxis. If you were coming to Vegas, I could point you to a good company. But I know nothing about these Miami companies. Sorry. Perhaps someone who knows about these limo companies can help.

Is renting a car an option? Aren't you going to have to get around while you're in Ft. Lauderdale? And eventually get back to the airport?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

I think its because there are plenty of vans available at the taxi dispatch line that people wouldnt see the need to organise a limo - van.

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Despite that rather confusing title to this post, princessjesse is asking about these VAN AND LIMO companies, not taxis!!!

Taxis can only take FIVE people. Even the mini-van type taxis. Princessjesse has six plus luggage. So, would need two taxis.

I did find this list on the airport's web site:

www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/Limodbv2.pdf

Unfortunately, its a mile long. According to this page, unless you're using a taxi or American Shuttle, your ride MUST be pre-arranged:

www.miami-airport.com/taxi_shuttle_limos.asp

American shuttle:

http://www.americanshuttle.com/

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Yes you can walk to a taxi dispatcher and american shuttle will arrive and take you to your destination. It's not a big deal. I doubt many people can vouch for the list posted as most would use the services provided by the airport . You still have to meet a limo and then locate etc...

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Agreed. Never used any limo service at MIA. Taxi or rental car, only. But princessjesse is asking for recommendations for a limo service. Perhaps someone does have such a recommendation.

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Unless you are looking for luxury transportation, worry not. We have taxi cabs that can accommodate 6 and more passengers for the same price. If for some reason there isn't one in the queue, the taxi starter will refer you to the shuttle desk so your party can travel together.

Hertfordshire UK
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! has anyone used one of these Taxi companies?

Thank you all.. Sorry in the UK we don't make a differentiation between private vans limos or taxis we call them all taxis or private cabs!

So sorry if I confused you all!

I think my main concern is we will have been travelling for over 14 hours from the UK ( we fly via Boston) and I have my parents who are 82 and 80 with me... And the last thing I want to do is stand in line or wait for a taxi.

So to me the simplest seems to be to order / reserve a vehicle in advance!

However that is easier said than done it seems!!

I have had quotes from the companies stated, and I took them from the MIA website PDF list..

I was hoping someone somewhere would have heard of them or used them!!

Jessie