We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black Friday - Shopping Trip

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
289 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Black Friday - Shopping Trip

Hi all,

I travel to Miami very very often with my kids as we love it, but this time i'm going with my older son only for shopping. I've been reading that Black Friday is kind of insane and that you need to plan really well what and where to shop.

So I was wondering, is there any mall that you recommend better than other one for this day?

The ones I usually go to are Sawgrass Mills, Aventura, Bal Harbour and occasionally Dolphin. Obviously Bal Harbour is not good for Black Friday as products from here rarely go on sale so it's the same than going on any other day.

I've also been told that Walmart and Best Buy have great sales on this day, is this so?.

So any advice that you could provide me with will be really appreciated.

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Black Friday - Shopping Trip

Tquinta,

Enclosed is a link that will give you some tips. Last year I got a very good price on a computer and monitor at Office Max. I was especially happy because I did not have to wait in line for many hours like at some of the other stores. Some stores might offer a spectacular price but have only a limited quantity and a long line of people that have been there since 5:00 in the morning or earlier. Do lots of research and read everything on the page. You will be surprised how much money, time, and wasted energy you can save if you are prepared.

After you study the enclosed link you can also do a Google search "How to shop Black Friday" for this year's information. Also read C-Net.com for advance information on very special deals. This is a great website that will start doing stories on Black Friday when Thanksgiving gets a little closer.

…about.com/od/…blackfriday.htm

Edited: 12:17 pm, October 06, 2012
2. Re: Black Friday - Shopping Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, December 14, 2013