We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Hello,

I'm visiting Miami for the second time in March next year to soak up the WMC but need some help deciding on if we should register for the conference proper so we have a 'badge' (cost $235) or not bother.

I guess because we're a group of 6 men we'd be expected to get tables in most clubs anyway - so a badge might not be needed anyway. Or; if we have the badge will we be more likely to get in through general admission.

Don't mind getting tables a few nights, but i think it detracts a bit from the atmosphere (and burns through my budget a lot faster!).

Will the clubs charge more for that week?

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Deeka,

I did a bit of research and am enclosing a link which mentions a hotel discount for badge holders. That alone could affect your decision to buy or not to buy; that is the question. I'd suggest that you dig a bit more to find out if these discounts are for real and at what hotels they are valid.

wintermusicconference.com/attending/…

Edited: 3:28 pm, August 28, 2012
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Hey Deeka,

I live in Miami and am part of Miami's nightlife every day. Most of good events are not WMC events. They don't have the best DJ's cause they simply can't hire them. If you want sub parties then you can get a badge but if you want good parties, you will either buy a table or you can buy a general admission ticket for that particular club. If you are a WMC badge holder, usually you can't get to good events with the badge. The good events are not organized by WMC so you'll have to pay full price. Clubs like LIV, Mansion, Surfcomber pool party, Amnesia which will reopen, Mynt, Set, Space, etc. don't work with WMC.

When it get's closer to WMC you can see what's going on by visiting www.atnight.com/miami . All Good events will be posted there and you'll probably be able to buy tickets too.

In other words, it is not worth it.

Good luck

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

@Sanka, all of your posts include a particular website...a little strange no?

J B
Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

I have purchased WMC badges in the past and found it to be worth while the first two years and not so much the last year I bought one. It used to be that the badge got you into Ultra for free, so that alone made it worth it (you could either go and attend Ultra or if you "been there done that" you could sell your ticket). Believe me there will be tons of parties that your badge will get you into, however, most will require you to get there mad early. Of course, now that there is big money to be made at the WMCs, most places will only discount your admission with the badge. It may not get you into the popular clubs, but it will get you into some nice places, leaving you with a night free of sunglass wearing muscle shirts.

I would say, no, don't get one, unless you're actually planning on attending the Conference's work shops and events. Also, being that you're going there with a bunch of dudes, I would expect to wait outside some clubs too. A little wait is better than buying an expensive table.

malta
Level Contributor
75 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Can you pls some one tell me from can i buy 4 pls ???

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

Star WMC on the right foot with tickets to Electric Beach at Miami's hottest NIGHT CLUB NIKKI BEACH!! SICK LINE UP, TABLES, HUGE TENTS and stage with your favorite ARTISTS!!! GO PURCHASE TICKETS NeW FOR EARLY BIRD SPECIAL

USE PROMO CODE PRISST for additional discounts !! DON'T MISS OUT!!!

m.wantickets.com/events/ShowEvent.aspx…

7. Re: WMC 2013 - Is the badge worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 13, 2014