We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you need a passport to go to a club in Miami?

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
2 posts
Save Topic
Do you need a passport to go to a club in Miami?

Just curious as we are coming to Miami from Canada in a month. When I was in North Carolina for work we tried to go to a club and use our Ontario Drivers Licence as ID (the same licence that US Customs and Border Control accepts when driving into the USA without a passport) and they refused. They said we need a passport.

NC had some weird law about clubs, they had to be called members private clubs or something weird like that. Just wondering if Miami is the same as I'd really prefer not to have to bring my passport with me to go drinking!

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do you need a passport to go to a club in Miami?

Great question. The door guys SHOULD accept a Canadian Driver's License, particularly if it is the new Enhanced License. That being said, it is entirely at the discretion of the door people to let you in or not.

Typically, what they are looking for is a license that has a readable magnetic stripe on the back (like the black strip on a credit card) that way they can just swipe the card in the machine and out pops your age.

I haven't tried here as I am a citizen and have Florida ID, and lately my gray hair is proof enough that I am of legal age. But personally, I don't give my passport to anyone but immigration officals, if it were me...I would carry a color copy of my passport and my Driver's License. If they didn't take that I would just move on, there's surely another club to check out that wants my business.

Yogi

Miami, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Do you need a passport to go to a club in Miami?

Most of the clubs are not scanning the ID. At least not in Miami. You could get in with ID only as long as your ID doesn't look fake or too cheap that anybody could make it. Like Yogi said, it's up to a doorman to decide if he's going to let you in or not. You have more chances to get in if you are going with couple of girls. And if it's bunch of guys trying to get in, I would split up and try to get in two by two. They are very skeptical of letting groups of guys in the club, unless you guys want to buy table. Check out www.atnight.com for suggestions where to go out. You can see events and actual party photos for each club to get an idea. And you can find more about the club and contact clubs from there.

3. Re: Do you need a passport to go to a club in Miami?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, April 08, 2013