We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

miami port parking

PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
miami port parking

I booked parking with Premier Parking USA for February 2012. Upon arrival chaos was apparent among the 2 persons managing the activity. Eventually we got to the boat. We were given phone numbers to call upon return for pickup. Upon return we called all three numbers and all just provided an opportunity to leave a message (without identifying who they were). never did get a call-back. After about 45 miinnutes I flagged down a van with the logo for 'Miami tours and shuttle' which turned out to be Premier Parking. Others in the van had been riding around for nearly an hour (they related) to return to the parking lot - sheer total chaos, again. The parking lot was unattended and unsecure, when we arrived. We incurred no damages or losses. The price had been $5.95 per night, plus other add-ons. Maybe we get what we pay for.

I did speak with a driver from Premier Cruise Parkiing, who was in apparent control of his duties and the overall situation. He indicated my situation was 'normal'. I will not re-engage Premier Parking USA.

Everglades Nature Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Thriller Miami Speedboat Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
SpeedBoat Tours
City Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: miami port parking

Wow! Wish I read your review before I used Premier Parking on August 4-11, 2012. I used the same exact work CHAOS!!

We had to drive to pier drop of 2 people and luggage and my husband went back to catch shuttle by himself. Took him an hour to get back (the parking lot was full of cars, people and luggage and no one was moving anywhere fast! Upon returning we called (mailbox full) and called...finally did talk to someone and it was going to be at least 45 minutes (by this time people were arriving to leave on their cruise...can't even describe the CHAOS) we finally took a taxi to parking lot ($25.00) We still paid less than we would have at the pier, but won’t do it again. We have used other lots in Ft. Lauderdale and Port Canaveral with awesome experiences so I didn't really look into this as I should have...lesson learned!!

Hope this helps someone!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: miami port parking

We're trying very hard on the Fort lauderdale Forum to warn folks about Premier- same horrible situation with the Ft. Lauderdale one as Miami- I think they have bought lots of ads on cruise sites luring the unknowing with cheap prices- definitely not a good place to entrust your car!

Pittsburgh...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: miami port parking

For anybody reading this, I want to add my agreement to their experiences. We booked parking for a cruise out of Miami, leaving on March 4, 2013. We arrived at 12:45 p.m.; were directed to a parking lot where about 40 people were waiting. There were no vans waiting; they were apparently servicing still waiting passengers in their main lot. The lot attendant had no clue as to when vans would arrive. By about 2:00 there were about 70 people waiting; there were only 4 vans, which carried 12 passengers each, to transport everybody. We finally arrived at port at close to 2:30. We took a $12 cab ride back upon our return. DON'T USE THIS SERVICE. IT IS DISORGANIZED AND NOT WORTH THE MONEY YOU SAVE!

Coral Springs...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: miami port parking

Same experience for me. No shuttles had to get a cab. It was compete chaos. 400 people waiting for 2 vans. Don't forget about the homeless people and the foreclosed crack den outside the entrance of the lot.

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 3:40 pm, March 31, 2013
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: miami port parking

Earlier this year I got the information for off-site cruise parking with Port of Miami Cruise Parking, 150 NE 7th St., Miami which is just a few blocks away from the Port. Our trip was in Feb/13 and we had no problems at all with this agency. Our daily parking fee was only $4.50 per day which we booked beforehand. Shuttle service was another $14.00 return for both of us through Sun Tours & Shuttle which was at the gate of the parking lot. We had quick service and minimal waiting time on the return trip. I would definitely recommend these agencies to anyone !!!

Austin, Texas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: miami port parking

Premier Parking sucks! I guess you get what you pay for. There's a reason they're cheaper than parking right at the port. Waited in line close to an hour for the shuttle to pick up form the lot. It only came by maybe every half hour. We finally gave up and walked out to the street to find a cab to take us to the ship, as did a lot of other people waiting for the shuttle. Maybe we caught them on a bad day but there was never an explanation as to why the wait was so long. I will never use Premier Parking again!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: miami port parking

I am posting this again here because apparently there are several links referencing Port of Miami parking.

Do not pre pay for parking with Premier Parking Ventures at the Port of Miami. Worst experience ever! We just returned from a cruise yesterday. Upon arriving at the lot everything was fine. However, returning to the lot was a nightmare. We waited at the port of Miami for nearly two hours. When I called the number provided to me for the return trip, it went to voicemail multiple times stating that the mailbox was full. I texted the number but received no return text. Then I called the number on the website and was transferred back to the number whose mailbox was full. After waiting almost two hours, we ended up paying for a taxi to take us to the parking lot. Upon arrival, my husband who was rightfully upset after waiting for nearly two hours in the hot sun trying to flag down a shuttle, confronted the staff at the lot. Rather than apologize for the untimely lack of service and explain that one of the vans was broken down, the staff engaged in a heated argument with my husband and threatened to call the police. He was angry but he did not physically threaten the staff. The staff that yelled and threatened my husband was an older caucasian man with white hair and a younger, Hispanic overweight man. So, we will never use their services again nor will we recommend their services to anyone we know. They had the nerve to send us a survey about their service. Ha! I told them they should remove Premier and USA from their name and replace it with the more suitable "Ghetto" Parking instead! It may cost more to park at the port, but it is more convenient (right across from check in) and less of hassle than dealing with these clowns.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: miami port parking

Thank you

I was just about to book them when I read your helpful review

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: miami port parking

Do not use Premier Parking Ventures in Miami. I just got back from a cruise on Nov 23 and the nightmare of chaos dropping off my car and picking it up was similar to the other replies to this post. This is the most unorganized business I have ever dealt with.

Amherst, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: miami port parking

whats there address?