We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying with American Airlines

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
flying with American Airlines

What are your experiences from American Airlines

I plan to do a Direct non stop flight from New Orleans to Miami

it was the only airline that offer the schedule to suit my needs

even though i have no connecting flight

would i be ok flying with them

its a 6am flight to Miami from New Orleans

thanks

Best Seller
Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami
168 Reviews
from $38.00*
Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
398 Reviews
from $49.99*
$75.00
Miami to Key West Day Trip with...
31 Reviews
from $39.00*
Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flying with American Airlines

Not sure what you're asking, or what you're worried about. American is a major US carrier and Miami is one of their hubs. Are you asking about safety or quality or...??

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
7,849 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying with American Airlines

Nothing to worry about. I find them somewhat above average in reliability.

Miami
Level Contributor
214 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying with American Airlines

UNFORTUNATELY, I fly with AA all the time because like they said, Miami is a major hub. If you've never had this pleasant experience for yourself, consider yourself lucky. Too many old planes and way too skimpy on service. Kinda like a shut up, sit down, drink your coke, and we'll be there soon kinda ride. Requests are frequented with eye rolling or acting like they have better things to do (which, in all fairness....they just might). However, I prefer MOST other airlines (namely Southwest, Virgin, Jetblue, etc) over American.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying with American Airlines

I had to go from CA to Miami last week for business travel and flew American. The first leg was SMF to DFW. No problems. DFW to MIA, better as the plane got larger and there was armrest plug ins to hear music or the sound for the on board video. One major complaint - long flights and no free snacks. All food was for sale. So glad i bought something at the airport to eat o nthe plane. Coming home - Sunday out of MIA to LAX - 5 HOUR DELAY... 4 hours in the terminal and 1 hour on the plane. SERIOUSLY???? They said it was mechanical, but when they finally brought a plane to the gate, the crew was not there and we had to wait another 45 mins for them. Since we were so late gettinig out of MIA, I missed my connection in LA and had to spend the night. Stuck in LA, I got a flight out the next day on DELTA as I was not going back on an AA flight. I was truly disappointed my that experience. They have lost me.

One more Negative - I have a scheduled flight on AA for November and I pray it goes without incident.

5. Re: flying with American Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, December 15, 2013