We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SIXT car rental in MIA!

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
SIXT car rental in MIA!

Hello,

Anyone experienced SIXT car rental at Miami Airport yet?

Where was it? And how was the cars?

Kim

74 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,987 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

I can't imagine why you are trying so hard to do business with a firm that is so completely unresponsive ... what would you do if you had a problem once you arrived here- keep posting on TA hoping their employee would eventually respond? It is beyond ridiculous to me that this firm seems to want to conduct their rental businesss via Trip Advisor and it is a completely inappropriate use of these Forums in my opinion... I urge you to find some other rental company-

London
Level Contributor
7 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Hi, thanks for that. Sixt has now responded. I haven't used Sixt before and want to give it the benefit of the doubt having been let down by the other big players before. In fact, in terms of unresponsiveness you'd find Virgin Atlantic hard to beat (I have booked car hire through Virgin before). I have called twice and the phone has not been answered. I then emailed last week and still have not received a reply - and this is to offer my money in return for a service!

You are right, if Sixt lets me down at the airport then TA will not be much help. But all the car-hire industry is liable to do this, it only comes alive when some some sharp sales person tries to flog tired travellers extras they don't need at the point of hire.

Small point of interest, got a quote from Alamo. Got the invite to join its loyalty club and get a discounted quote, did this and the quote was more!

Lima, Peru
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Hi Gary,

I sent you an email because Im also trying to rent a car from sixt at Miami, but I have a few questions.

Let me know if you read my email.

Thank you.

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Well, all I know is:

If you are from outside US (foreign passport, drivers license and so on) you will get -30%-40% less the best price to all US car rental companies.

I happen to make a booking from Bulgaria and got a deal $ 32 per day including everything (meaning everything - taxes, fees and bunch of insurances incl. supplemental liability)

Every one else was not giving me anything for less than $ 60 a day.

When I tried to do the same with SIXT, but choosing as I am US based customer, the price doubled...

Good thing I have EU passport and drivers license.

My reservation is for August 2011, which is a high season for car rentals.

Used many times SIXT in Europe - good cars, great price.

If you have only US drivers license you are probably NOT going to have a significant deal with SIXT compared to the rest of the rental companies...

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

I came to Miami 7/28/11 to 8/1/11. Found a good deal with this company (1st time renting there) and booked. I was excited to hear I would get an upgrade to a BMW for a small fee a day. The rental was great, had no problems until I received a notice a week later about damage to the car.

Then the issues started. The initial car they gave me had damage to the antenna, but I did not end up taking the car. I didn't even step foot in that car! The car was switched out immediately to a similar model and I got my paperwork to verify. I thought that was the end of that story. However, it came back to haunt me. Now a week and a half later I received an email claiming that I did damage to a car I never rented out.

I immediately called the center. Horrible customer service on the phone. The lady I spoke to heard my story and put me on hold for 20 mins. I call back again, the lady realizes it was me again. She ASSUMED I did the damage without looking into her system to verify my story. Then I insist that she look up the information. I give her my last name and I was put on hold again. Another lady answers after 10 mins of being on hold and asks me why I'm calling. After being put on hold, I have to explain my situation again. I immediately ask for a manager. I'm put on hold AGAIN! I call back a third time and the manager, Britney, picks up and tells me that she will call me back. About 2 hours later, another lady, Carmen, the regional manager, calls me and tells me to respond to the email and clarify the issue through there. Really after all that nonsense, waste of time, and trouble you put me through all you do is tell me to respond to the email?

I was also surprised when I returned the car to see that no one was there to check it back in. You have to walk all the way back to the center and return the keys. Then they email you a receipt. My red flags went up then and now I understand why. Save your time AND money and rent with another company. The customer service in Miami is very rude! I usually read reviews before, but none were found for this establishment. I hope this helps.

St. Eustache
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Thanks that did help. I was quoted a car in Fort Lauderdale at $100 for the week, $120 less than everyone else. After reading your review, I prefer to go with Alamo. Sometimes it's not just about the money, but the peace of mind.

Edited: 3:50 pm, August 12, 2011
Birmingham
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Wow. Even after being quoted great rates through amex travel I will steer clear until I see better creditable reviews.

Miami, Florida
2 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Dear Hend,

I am sorry to hear your disappointment with the way everything was dealt with. Sixt never charges any damage to you without your prior authorisation. Sixt will nevertheless try to clarify any new damage by sending out an inquiry. Your reply helps us locate the origin of damages, even if you are not reponsible. Again I am very sorry, because obviously as you describe no mail should have been dispatched to you. If there is anything still pending in this case pls contact 1 888 757 7498 and contact Matthias.

Kind regards

Johannes

Shelburne, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

just booked a car out of fort lauderdale for a week in november at sixt.

They had the best rate, but not by enough, when i read these boards.

Off to cancel that reservation, will book with one of the other big ones.

As sinvids said, peace of mind...

Save Reply
30. Re: SIXT car rental in MIA!

Just rented from them yesterday and it was great! Nice new cars anywhere from a Nissan Versa, Volvo, or BMW sedan. I found them to be the cheapest when price searching online and went for it. Very fast and freindly service. I hope to see this company expand west to Colorado or California since I hardly make it to Miami. Great experiance!

Reply to: SIXT car rental in MIA!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted