We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single in Miami

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Single in Miami

Hi there

Going to Miami mid June. What's Miami like for a single fun loving girl and could someone please recommend good budget/hostel accommodation in SoBe with a fun and social atmosphere.

Also looking at going to Key West, can someone recommend some similar accommodation that isn't crawling with couples.

boston, ma
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Single in Miami

I would recommend the Clay International Hostel and Hotel. You can have your own room, albeit a bit sparse, but w/ tv and ac, offering fair accommodations at a nice price. You can have a single room with your own bathroom for about $60 a night, lower if you want to share a bathroom with the room next door. Or $80 for doubles. The location is the best one could have, but the rooms can get a bit noisy at night, right near all the clubs off Collins Avenue. Suppose you could ask for a quiter room when making reservations. I am not sure of the exact website address, but they have their own website. Stayed their plenty of times, generally the clientel is composed of a nice mix of Europeans/Americans age range about 20 -30 crowd. Frommers also offers more info. on this hotel/hostel. Take care.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Single in Miami

Hi Tobey

Thanks for that. It was one of the places I was considering staying at too. Good to get your feedback on the Clay Hotel. Looks like I'll be staying there. Thanks again.