We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

$2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Which Miami hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,536 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
$2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Good News for budget conscious travel>

The Airport Flyer (Route 150), an express bus route by Miami-Dade Transit between Miami International Airport (MIA) and Miami Beach, began service on Sunday, December 13. The new route transports passengers from MIA to 41st Street and Alton Road within 20 minutes and then continues south on Collins Avenue to 16th Street. The bus station at MIA is located on the Ground Level of Concourse E, directly across from Customs.

It operates from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week, making only one stop between MIA and Miami Beach at the Earlington Heights Metrorail station, for a fare of just $2.35 each way. Each Airport Flyer bus is equipped with luggage racks, Wi-Fi capability, comfortable seating and special branding for easy identification by the public.

To get a schedule & a printable pdf map of the route, click this link

www.miamidade.gov/transit/routes/route.asp…

AG

225 replies to this topic
Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Thanks for the reply. That's a pity re the airport bus.

Do you think it is possible to get off the bus at 4100 block Collins Avenue and take a bus (or other public transport) to the hotel near 6300 Collins?

Thanks, Brian

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

It's possible, though somewhat inconvenient esp with luggage. You'd get off the airport bus as soon as it turns south near 41 street. That road is called Indian Creek Drive (is one way going south), walk about a block east to Collins Ave, locate the 43 street stop (northbound) and catch either the S bus or the #120 (Beach Max) bus heading northbound to 63 street.

The S bus stops at every stop, while #120 stops at limited stops. You can view the 120 route map here:

…miami-dade.fl.us/transit/…120.pdf

Glasgow
Level Contributor
291 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Hey thanks for the reply again. It's amazing how big that street is, don't get them that size in Glasgow!! :)

Have to have a think to see if it's worth getting the other bus etc.

It appears that getting a taxi would be the same price or maybe a bit cheaper than the shuttle. I think on the below link it would be $37 plus tip to my hotel (zone 3).

www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

Thanks

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

That's an intresting question. 63 Street is the boundary between mid- and north-beach, so I guess they'll want to charge you the $37 rate for north beach, though the hotel is over by just a few feet. It's $32 for mid beach (23 to 63 Street) or south beach (anything south of 23 Street).

If there's 2 or more people then taxi is cheaper than shuttle, and half the time. Please let us know what you used and how it worked out.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

HI,

Is the 150 stopping going to south beach hotels? Staying at Essex house but just seen this on Miamidade website:

Beginning Sunday, September 16, 2012, the Route 150 Airport Flyer will no longer stop at Earlington Heights Metrorail station. M.I.A., 41st Street, Alton Rd., Collins Ave., Lincoln Rd., Washington Ave.

Thank you,

Miami, FL
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Ignore it.

The official rider alert is that the 150 will no longer stop at Ealrington Heights Metrorail station.

Your stop for Essex house is 9th Street.

Saludos,

Yogi

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Brill thank you, that has saved us some $$$$

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

I am looking for the best way to go to Chanel at either Collins Avenue or Saks, can someone please advise which is the easiest to get to from the airport, we have 8 hours to wait so I thought I would try one of them? Thanks

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
41 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Hi guys I am staying at the Deco walk hostel at 928 Ocean drive. Am I correct in thinking I catch the airport flyer from MIA to 9th & washington?

Thanks

m
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
6,189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
100. Re: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!

Yes, Wash and 9'th street will be the closest stop for the airport bus.

Reply to: $2.35 bus from Miami Airport to South Beach!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted