We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Taxi from Miami Int. Airport to Crown Plaza...

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Taxi from Miami Int. Airport to Crown Plaza...

A friend told me it would be easy to take a taxi from Miami Airport to the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Sawgrass Mills. Would it be metered and if no one know, does anyone know who runs the cabs from the airport so that I can email them. I have found someone in FLL who would meet us for around $70. We would only have two bags.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Taxi from Miami Int. Airport to Crown Plaza...

Your friend was right... it would be "easy" to take a taxi from MIA to Crowne Plaza Hotel in Sawgrass Milles :). However, it may not be cheap. My trip computer tells me it's just over 30 miles. I have no idea how much a 30 mile taxi cab would be (assuming little delays due to traffic) however US$70 does not seam unrealistic.

Do a google search for words like Miami Taxi Fares and the like. There are several web sites that can help you estimate the cost as well as give you contact information if you want to try to get a more firm price.

As a general rule, the Miami Taxi Cabs charge is based upon distance and time, regardless of the number of passengers and luggage.

Enjoy your stay here in the US of A!

Cheers.