We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SoBe bars/nightclubs

Yorkshire
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
SoBe bars/nightclubs

Hi

I'm off to Miami - in early October - (arriving Monday pm and flying back to the UK Fri evening) and wonder if you could recommend any really good bars where I wont get any hassle, being a woman on my own (ones that are good for celebrity spotting in particular)?

Also, are there any Miami clubs that play cheesy music - eg 70's disco - and DONT have strobe lights (due to a medical condition).

Thanks.

Liz

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Miami Beach
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: SoBe bars/nightclubs

I'm not really into the club scene so can't help you... however, know that there is a separate forum on this web site for "Miami Beach". Search this forum for clubs and you will see several prior postings on various night clubs.

If your hotel has a concierge, he/she should be able to help you on your selection of clubs and even get you a free pass for many of them.

Enjoy your stay in the states! I have met many folks from the UK while in SoBe and they have all had a great time.

Miami Beach, FL
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: SoBe bars/nightclubs

Hi Liz,

Two of the best places for celeb sightings are Skybar and Prive. You might also check out Mansion, Metro Bar, and Cafeteria. I would call ahead to find out about strobe lights, as i'm not sure which places use them and which don't--Mansion and Prive especially, since they are really clubs and not bars. Make sure you talk to your concierge to see if they can help you get in to these clubs as they can be quite choosy...and make sure you dress to impress! :)

And the 70's disco...sorry, can't help you there. Nothing's coming to mind. If i think of something, though, i'll post again! :)

Be forewarned: Miami Beach is a city. There are homeless people, and you may have guys whistling at you, staring at you, or acting juvenile in other ways, particularly if you are walking on the street alone after dark. That said, i don't consider South Beach to be unsafe AT ALL; I live here and i walk around at all hours of the night with no qualms. It's not so much an issue of safety but of comfort. If you take a cab to wherever you're going, you'll avoid a lot of the nonsense.

Hope this helps!