We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

must do activities in miami with kids

nj
Level Contributor
114 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
must do activities in miami with kids

I'm looking for ideas for the "must do" activities in Miami for kids. I'd be traveling with a 9 and 5 year old and also active, young grandparents. We figure on trips to the seaquarium, zoo, and beach but need other ideas as well. Any help would be appreciated. Any ideas about hotels, preferably with suites and pools, and water parks would be great too. Thanks!

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: must do activities in miami with kids

If you are renting a car there are a couple of things.

I recommend this highly. Kids will love Everglades National Park and/or the Miccosukee Indian Village is pretty neat they have everything from airboat rides, to alligator shows, and much more. (www.miccosukee.com/indian_village.htm) (www.nps.gov/ever)

I recommend this highly. John Pennekamp Park in Key Largo is pretty cool, you can go kayaking, cannoing, snorkling, take a glass bottom boat ride out to the reefs, and much more. (www.pennekamppark.com)

Venetian Pool (www.venetianpool.com) is pretty cool it is located in one of the nicest areas in Miami.

Miami Childrens Museum between Downtown Miami and Miami Beach (www.miamichildrensmuseum.org)

Monkey Jungle down in the Redlands (www.monkeyjungle.com) About 2-3 miles south of Monkey Jungle is a great place for a snack its called Knaus Berry Farm, they have some of the best Cinnemon Rolls (they put Cin-A-Bun in the mall to shame), Ice cream, differant types of shakes (Strawberry Milk Shakes are what they are known for), pies, bread sticks, Yummmmm.

Jungle Island between Downtown Miami and Miami Beach. (www.parrotjungle.com)

Viscaya is pretty neat, more for adults, but the kids will enjoy it too. (www.vizcayamuseum.org)

Metro Zoo and the Miami Seaquarium.

Have Fun!

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: must do activities in miami with kids

Sorry to double post, Knaus is only open from Mid-November through April as they are Amish and go back up North.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: must do activities in miami with kids

I would recommend the Miami Duck tour:

http://www.ducktoursmiami.com/

It is great fun for the young and the young at heart!

4. Re: must do activities in miami with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 11, 2009