We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire in Miami

Scotland
5 posts
Save Topic
Car hire in Miami

Hi. We are staying in the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on October 7th, then driving to Orlando on the 8th. We then return from to Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on the 14th and go on a cruise on the 15th. Can anyone tell me if there's a car hire depot near the Marriott? I would prefer to pick-up and drop off somwhere nearby, rather than the airport, if at all possible. I have heard mixed reports about Miami airport car hire

Many thanks

George

Miami
Level Contributor
667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire in Miami

These are the Car Rental Agencies closest to your hotel and the port.

Hertz Rent a Car

354 SE 1st Street, Miami, FL

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

400 Se 2nd Ave, Miami, FL

Enterprise Rent-A-Car

1601 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL

Avis

99 Southeast 2nd Street, Miami, FL

miami
Destination Expert
for Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
13,829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire in Miami

George>

There is nothing to fear renting a car at the airport. You will save time and $30 on the taxi to the Marriott by renting a car at MIA and driving to the hotel and off to Orlando the next day. There should be little to no surcharge to rent at the airport and return at the seaport. The car hire places generally have a free shuttle from the garage to the ship.

I posted all info here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34438-c11219/Miami:F…

AG

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire in Miami

The mixed reports you've heard probably are that the car rental place is a couple miles from MIA & you have to take shuttle to it to pick up your car & drop off car at the rental place & take shuttle back to airport (MIA) when you leave... IT will cost you a bit for a cab ride from the bay to MIA but might be more convient..........

4. Re: Car hire in Miami

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, September 09, 2009